Mystery plug under center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the cup holder and tray to get a look inside of the center console and noticed a plug that was not plugged into anything. See attached pic. Any thoughts on what this might be? I have an '09 Z71 with factory non-Bose radio set up. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 183

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is it's for the amp/sub you don't have. That the location of the stock amp in the Bose equipped NNBS Hoes

OP
OP
M

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my guess too. Is the Bose sub that I don't have a powered sub or are the sub and amp separate components?

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically they're separate, but it's not like you would ever want to swap one but not the other. There are guys who have pulled the factory sub and used the amp to power aftermarket stuff, but I'm not sure how well that turns out.

OP
OP
M

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if this plug could be used for anything. A powered sub? Stealth box? Amp?

gibsonm21

Reaction score
I can't see the wire color, but it looks like the wiring harness that plugs into the factory sub that would normally be located under the center console.

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if this plug could be used for anything. A powered sub? Stealth box? Amp?

You'd probably be better off running your own wires for the stealth box. It's ridiculously easy to run wires from behind your head unit to the center console, not really saving yourself that much time/effort by keeping the stock harness.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I have this mystery plug too and I have a bose system...so I'm lost on what this plug could be...any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milano_II