Mystery Device Found in Engine Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgpinder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this device today in my engine bay while doing another project and it appears to have been left there from an oil change perhaps? Can anyone tell me what this does?
IMG_2582.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it's an air filter monitor. When connected between the filter and intake, a dirty filter will restrict airflow and the increased vacuum will pull a spring-loaded indicator down showing that it is time to replace the filter.
This^^^^. It pops into a grommet on your air filter housing. It lets you know if the filter needs to be replaced. Look for an empty hole with a rubber grommet in it on your air box.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this device today in my engine bay while doing another project and it appears to have been left there from an oil change perhaps? Can anyone tell me what this does?
View attachment 228187

It goes into the side area of the air filter box. The red 'line' should be in the green area when installed, and after you drove for a little while, to get the gauge to "do it's thing"....

( "..... youngsters ..." )........ You meanies !!! :baby:

Yukon air filter gauge.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645