My suspension got me pulled over (mevotech question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, well let me know if you get the bracket-to-frame bushings figured out.

As for the end links, a lot of people reverse the bolt, putting it through the bottom first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure i will get them out. I have heat and a hydrollic press at work

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally pressed out the upper ball joint bushing rivets. no big deal only took milling the heads off on a bridgeport and 4000 psi on a hydraulic press. Anyone that pulls this off in their home garage is some sort of wizard. I am not having a very fun time with this project.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just burned the bushings out of my upper controll arms and i mean BURNED! There was no heat it up to brake the bond then press it out. It took massive heat and just blew that old shit bushing out

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone thinking of doing this at home it is a massive undertaking and without the right tools would really be hell

Cmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wish I still had the use of my old work's shop... Lifts, large tank air, most air tools... Now just my floor jack, little 30 gal air compressor, and not even half the air tools I had to play with before. Remember pics are great, Squirrelsmith. Love them Hoe pics!

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I still had the use of my old work's shop... Lifts, large tank air, most air tools... Now just my floor jack, little 30 gal air compressor, and not even half the air tools I had to play with before. Remember pics are great, Squirrelsmith. Love them Hoe pics!
Here is a pic. Im on the home stretch

20180912_221920.jpg

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also sprung for new Timken hub assemblies. The old ones seem fine but crusty as hell and have 180k miles on them

Cmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good time to do it while it's apart once and not have to worry about it for a good amount of time!

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tie rods in and the sway arm bushing. Just waiting for the hubs

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic of the mornings progress. Just have to press in the lower ball joint tonight at work then i'm ready for re assembly

20180913_125045.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC