My suspension got me pulled over (mevotech question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got pulled over for swerving last week. He thought i was drunk! I said well the tahoe is a little floaty but im working on it. He laughed and told me to have a nice day.
So last night i bought energy suspension control arm bushings and new mevotech tie rods and ball joints. All from rock auto.

Anyone have experience with mevotech? I know they arent the best but i had to work the purchase to fit the money i had in my paypal account.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when money is tight brand doesn't matter just as long as it fixes the problem. i haven't used them but ive never heard anything bad.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume they will be good enough. What can make one that much better than the other?

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about springing for the energy suspension sway bar kit as well. I will probably save up a few more weeks, get some bilstein shocks and do everything at once. I really hope i get good results from all of this.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the sway bar kit. Wating 3-4 weeks for red instead of black. The way i work it will still be here before i need it haha!

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really having a jolly old time with the upper ball joints. Thanks for the rivets gm!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is in the kit - end links only or does it have the bracket bushings?

I fought for two hours trying to replace the stabilizer bar bushings on mine and finally gave up. I could get the bushings on, but couldn’t get the bar to drop far enough to get them to orient properly.

For something that looked like it would literally take ten minutes to do...

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bracket bushings. I am still in the disassembly phase. This is such a ****** job and if I didn't have every tool on the planet at my work there is no way I could get through this.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is in the kit - end links only or does it have the bracket bushings?

I fought for two hours trying to replace the stabilizer bar bushings on mine and finally gave up. I could get the bushings on, but couldn’t get the bar to drop far enough to get them to orient properly.

For something that looked like it would literally take ten minutes to do...
I really like how the hole to stick a wrench through at the bottom of the sway bar bushing doesn't line up even remotely close with the bolt and stud

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, well let me know if you get the bracket-to-frame bushings figured out.

As for the end links, a lot of people reverse the bolt, putting it through the bottom first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11