My power fold mirrors are dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it on the tech 2 today

Driver side mirror switch cuicut open

Passenger side switch short to ground.

All windows locks ect work I can see the action in the tool when I press the button.

I think I either have a bad mirror or switch on passenger side.

Anyone know of the passenger side switch has to be programmed when new like the driver side?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it on the tech 2 today

Driver side mirror switch cuicut open

Passenger side switch short to ground.

All windows locks ect work I can see the action in the tool when I press the button.

I think I either have a bad mirror or switch on passenger side.

Anyone know of the passenger side switch has to be programmed when new like the driver side?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Since it's both mirrors most likely the ground contacts under the driver's door. Just in one raised rail. Clean both contacts. Mine were rusted and that happened to me as well as losing power to door locks. Hasn't done it since.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its the passenger switch I just haven't had a chance to test.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still check the grounds under the driver's door first might save you some money. It's right on the body just need a screwdriver and clean those first.

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the trouble codes stored in the BCM?
I never had a scan tool. Just had found a post on the forum about grounds and all my locks and windows work without a problem. Best is to use a dremel tool to clean the grounds but if all you have is sandpaper that will do. Never had a problem since. I would lose power to mirrors or locks then they would work for a short bit. It's just under the driver's door across from a rail. Two screws to remove and hopefully that fixes it. Pretty common problem. After I used undercarriage spray to seal the grounds so they don't rust again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts