My order has been sitting at 1100 for 4 weeks; who's telling the truth???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tweak48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I check in with GM on a weekly basis, it's always the same story. "Dealer has submitted a Preliminary Order and it is being reviewed for approval"

When I ask GM is it because they are backed up at the factory, or if my dealer doesn't have an allocation, they are always careful to say they don't have that information.

When I ask my dealer salesman/manager; he says they have five 2016 orders, and mine is first in the chute. They say when I ordered the first week in August, they just received pricing information and this delay is normal for this early in the model year.

I know they are a high volume dealer, but I'm beginning to wonder after 4 weeks if they didn't have an allocation when they took my deposit.

At what point should I get my deposit and move on? This is beginning to mess up my fall travel plans.

Thx

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a high volume dealer they shouldn't have any trouble with allocation. It's not like you ordered a special new release or rare model Z28, Z06, etc...it should be pulled rather quick when it's the dealers turn to order. I would have asked them to order an identical truck to yours for dealer stock and see which arrives first but it's a little late for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts