My O8' Tahoe U.S. Canadian Border Patrol rig.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4:10s.... she ought to scoot pretty good off the line.

What kinda RPM is it turning at 70-75mph???

My Burb has 3:73 with the factory 20's and turns right at about 2k RPM at 72ish mph.

It does good for a 6,000 lb package going down the road.
With 4.10's my
Rpm's 2K @ 65mph,
And 2250 @ 72 ish mph. That's running stock size tires as well.
Living In Pacific Northwest, and traveling over the Cascade mountain passes at least every two months. It's certainly a benefit having (4.10's) from starting at 200 feet elevation to driving over 4,400 feet elevation with in 45 minutes drive time of each other.

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice, congrats! I saw you lost another Tahoe recently. Sad.

Hey thanks I appreciate it. With this new one it has a few more options as well. off the the top of my head, DIC, Better tires Discoverer ST Maxx, and 30K less miles on the Tahoe.

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good looking SSV with a serious front end.

Thanks, Yeah with the deer rutting season in Central Oregon, you'll be glad you have something like that on the front bumper at least. Plus if you see what happened to my other Tahoe, it's just added insurance, not mandatory by any means. :)

OP
OP
Basics

Basics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's a regular LS Tahoe. I don't see anything SSV about it at all. Not that that's a bad thing.
I think we should have a sticky at the top of the PPV and SSV forums, with the basics about getting our trucks back to a more "civilized" form. We can also have a breakdown of the differences between civilian tahoes and PPV and SSV + other Fleet optioned vehicles.
Good point, SSV not coded here. A regular LS Tahoe? Nope GAM coded. Only Government ordered. That could have had other items ordered that made it eligible for use as only a non civilian owned LS Tahoe. It is a retired Border Patrol rig. Codes FLT, GAM, as well. I'm also the first person to title it as a civilian owned Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts