My New Look: A complete exterior makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you take the rack off for let's say three days. That way you give it a fair chance. It is easy as hell to remove and re- install

I like the way you think. :lol2:

Make sure you cover the holes so water can't get in. Just use some scrap vinyl so it easy to remove if you don't like the rack being off.

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look @ stylingtrucks.com for pic's of the grill. Why don't you take the rack off for let's say three days. That way you give it a fair chance. It is easy as hell to remove and re- install . You I think 24's or 22's would look better. It will ride better and perform better too.

My new 26's ride better then my old 22's and are lighter as well which is also surprising but definitely wont fit the bill if I plan to run some power in the motor. The rack will have to come off so I am going to leave it off for a week to see how I like it. + my body shop is hating me right now lol after a quick detail I found alot of flaws in the paint between hazing, orange peel, blistering & "fish eyes" and one spot had hair in it so they are going to have to repaint the truck again.

DSCN0834.jpg
DSCN0833.jpg
DSCN0835.jpg

What sucks is that you couldn't even see 90% of the problems in the sunlight, it was in the early morning light / shade that I noticed alot of it and when I found a few they all started to pop out at me! The manager was really cool about it even offered to put me in a rental car until they were done.

I told him to leave the rack off and save the screws and bolts so I can see what it looks like this time.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least they're making the problem right. If I was the boss of that shop I'd be pretty upset with the dude(s) that did the work. That looks to be a LOT of issue if every single piece of blue tape is a problem area :eek:

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah every blue tape mark is a spot. I don't know what happened from what I read it is cause by dirt in the paint.

They are going to take care of it with no problems so I give them huge credit for that and not trying to get out of it. He explained that there going through a new painter so it wont be that way when I pick it up again.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Yeah every blue tape mark is a spot. I don't know what happened from what I read it is cause by dirt in the paint.

They are going to take care of it with no problems so I give them huge credit for that and not trying to get out of it. He explained that there going through a new painter so it wont be that way when I pick it up again.

Or the idiots didn't close the door when painting the truck

lyukonr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, you should keep the rims, and do the 2/3 drop... Here's mine, just to give you reference.
45aba02e-f077-cc06.jpg

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, you should keep the rims, and do the 2/3 drop... Here's mine, just to give you reference
45aba02e-edbe-84b7.jpg

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
I was actually just looking through your photo album because I think we have the same wheels but different size tires. Do you have any side shots of your ride lowered?

lyukonr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually just looking through your photo album because I think we have the same wheels but different size tires. Do you have any side shots of your ride lowered?

45aba02e-f439-bcaf.jpg

I hope this works, i'll snap some better pics when I get home.