My Maintenance List *issues*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels like my truck is slowin down a bit...not as quick..mainly when its super cold...

I believe one of my 02 sensors have been bad for about 2 1/2 years now...I've known about it for a long time...just never did anything about it...so I'll probably replace my sensors (how many? ...4? and where can you get them for cheap?)...I wanna replace all my plugs and wires as well....fuel filter was done about before I deployed, so it only has about 1 year of drive time since I had it replaced..

main question is about the 02's....Im hoping they arent like $80 a piece or anything

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to know as well. O2's seem to be a pain on these trucks

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy to see if they're switching they're working. have it scanned. you would most likely throw a code if there was a problem IMO

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been throwing a code for one of my 02s for a long time...dont remember which one though...I've just never done anything about it because the truck has been running fine and it was never a priority

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its the same coed mines been throwing its the P1404 code. Description of: Manufacturer Control, Auxiliary Emission, Controls. Ive always been told its the O2's or EGR

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
How many miles on your engine?

If over 90,000 i'd def change the front two oxygen sensors. rear ones dont really affect engine closed loop operation.

Lazy O2 sensors rob you of performance and usually 1-2 MPG. They are worth replacing even though they are expensive.

Fuel filter is in your tank, dont worry about it.

I'd get only AC delco plugs.

Also run a can or two of berryman chemtool fuel cleaner thru your tank. That stuff is awesome for cleaning the gunk out of injectors.

Thats pretty much all you can do for maintainence with out tuning software.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel filter has already been replaced..but why stay with ACDelco? I think your right about the MPG =/ I've noticed its gone down about 1mpg in the city

the truck just passed 100k miles last month

which side is bank 1? (with #1 piston?)

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
I always run AC delco plugs when tuning up.

They always perform well and last a long time. I dont like the new "fad" plugs.

The delcos are designed to last 100,000 ( platinum) .

But get what you like.:)

Yeah, if you lost MPG i would def. replace your O2 sensors. Cant go wrong.

Shop around, you may be able to save some money on them, they are a little pricey.

I do believe Bank 1 is your drivers side Odd cylinders, but i need to look it up for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160