My lemon 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get any service records before buying? Just wondering. Did you buy your Tahoe from a Chevrolet-GMC Dealer?

Did not know any of the 2015 Tahoe's had a gas cap as all my rental 2015 and 2016 Tahoe's and Suburban"s did not have a gas cap. Will ask my dealer if they could find me one for my 2016 Tahoe.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Welcome from Miami Beach Pam!!
Thanks for the welcome. I was on here years ago and everyone was so helpful on my 2007 Tahoe Z71 when I couldn’t figure out how to shut the pop out stereo. I can’t remember my user name though. I have purched my last 6 vehicles through a friend who is a car wholesaler and I have never had an issue in 25 years. I have also never done extended warranty on anything.

OP
OP
L

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One more I just remembered! After the spring broke and the replaced that, a piston and the air intake collapsed on its self I had to back a week later for the catalytic converter. I guess fuel dumped in there when the spring broke. Federal law made them cover that.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hate to be so upside down on money. I keep hoping I have worked out all the bugs.

couple of things- you are not the first owner so it cannot be lemoned.

You should immediately call GM customer service 1- 800-222-1020 and log a complaint so it is on record. once you have a "claim #" you can call back the next day and move to the escalation department.

truth is not much will happen, but at least it will be on the record.

OP
OP
L

lemonho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
couple of things- you are not the first owner so it cannot be lemoned.

You should immediately call GM customer service 1- 800-222-1020 and log a complaint so it is on record. once you have a "claim #" you can call back the next day and move to the escalation department.

truth is not much will happen, but at least it will be on the record.
I know it’s too old to be a lemon and that’s why I’m on here and not making a lemon claim. Either way it’s still a lemon. What good will reporting do? Lower the value when I try to get rid of it? Oh, btw today’s issue is still the same code with check engine and now something with service trailer suspension. My HIM came back on but won’t give my CD back. I hate this thing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy Pam and welcome back. If you are willing to learn to find and solve the problems, then you can fix them yourself or hire someone to get their hands dirty. If so, you'll want to buy GMs MDI and GDS2 software and install on a laptop. Then you can see everything going on inside your truck's wiring and computers. Couple this with a subscription to AllDataDIY and you'll have all of the same information at your disposal like the dealerships do. Then you can set about solving each issue and making the truck enjoyable.

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe, as a last resort, try disconnecting the battery. Leave it sit for an hour or so, then re-connect and see what happens.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it’s too old to be a lemon and that’s why I’m on here and not making a lemon claim. Either way it’s still a lemon. What good will reporting do? Lower the value when I try to get rid of it? Oh, btw today’s issue is still the same code with check engine and now something with service trailer suspension. My HIM came back on but won’t give my CD back. I hate this thing.

Trade it in towards a different one or sell it, take a bit of a hit and get something you like.

Sometimes you just need to throw some $$$ to put problems in your rear view mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drew23