My first Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I picked up my first Yukon. I’ve driven a KIA minivan for 10plus years and it finally died. I typically hang on to cars too long and my wife felt I had an unhealthy attachment to the mini van. I liked something that could replace the versitality of the mini van but could also tow. I only drive about 50 miles a week and it would sit in the driveway most of the time. Decided to go with something older so I don’t have a payment.

We got the 2004 Denali and spent some time cleaning up the interior.
Then I saw the recently replaced rear caliper was leaking. When I checked out the caliper I noticed that most of the brake lines were rusted and seeping fluid.

Rear lines had been replaced so I did the 4 that went back to the ABS. Pain in the but job but it’s done.

Now I have a check engine light. P101 code...

I’m not happy with the seller. He had to know the lines were bad and the check engine was probably reset before I bought it. Oh well, I should have inspected th lines and checked the codes.

Hopefully I get past this and have a couple good years of use.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, p0101? is the maf (mass airflow sensor), those run around $50-65.00 it can just be replaced they are plug-n-play, you might save a few bucks with a used one from a junk yard, I would say they are typically good for about 160k

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! How many miles on your 2004 Denali? Also the brake lines rusting and seeping these trucks from what I understand is a common issue. Nothing too serious to be worried about there. You should have a lot of life left in your 2004. This generation suv is known for going a long ways. My 2006 has been fantastic for the four years ive owned it. Still has lots of life. I usually keep cars 3 1/2-4 years. I’m just over 4 years with this one and have no plans to be rid of it. Lol. I love it.

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is at 160,000. Body is rust free. Hitch and rear bumper area was fairly rusty. I’m replacing the hitch and scraping/painting that area.

MAP sensor p0100 - should I just replace it or should I try to test it first?

Suspension - Stabiltrak and load leveling suspension has been disabled/modified. Manual air shocks in back. Front shocks have been replaced with non-stabiltrak Issu s or concerns I should check for?

Thanks for the help.

I think it will be a fun truck when I get up to speed

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The truck is at 160,000. Body is rust free. Hitch and rear bumper area was fairly rusty. I’m replacing the hitch and scraping/painting that area.

Suspension - Stabiltrak and load leveling suspension has been disabled/modified. Manual air shocks in back. Front shocks have been replaced with non-stabiltrak Issu s or concerns I should check for?

Thanks for the help.

Before replacing the mass flow try cleaning it, autozone sells the cleaning spray for like 5 bucks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the help.

you can try cleaning it first but experience tells me you are right at the point where they typically take a dump as I stated above 160k

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't be worried about the suspension there. that mod/conversion is a common one to delete auto system. was yours deleted far enough to keep the light off on the dash?

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No lights but I’m not sure how much air is good in the rear shocks for specific conditions. My son moved his small camper around in the yard and he said the back was almost too low to tow. Are the aftermarket air shocks made to level a suspension?

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned the MAF sensor and reset codes. A week later I’m still good but a week later I replaced it because I’m at 160k and I had already ordered a new one. Good to go and also have the old one for an emergency spare

Thanks for the help everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons