My Denali was hit on Friday!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I was down town when a woman tried to make a left hand turn from the middle lane!!! Luckily I always look in my mirrors, she was so damn blind I was passed her when she hit me. I was in the left lane and passed her then she turned right into me!! I hit the gas and swerved other wise she would have taken out my passenger quarter panel and rear tire but since I was able to try and avoid it she caught te passenger side bumper and scratched and scraped it. I thought for sure my new G4 light was gone but it was not hit at all. It ripped her whole front bumper off. I want my whole bumper replaced which they should do right? You can't get deep scratches out becaause that part is I guess plastic so they won't try and repair it will they? I want a new bumper and I would think they would have to replace it.I can't believe this!!!!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, what an idiot I'm sorry to hear about your Denali. :(

If for some reason you have to end up paying for the bumper (which at all costs you shouldn't), you can always get one for 1/6th the price online. That's what I will do for mine since this idiot drove a forklift into my rear bumper cover.

Keep us posted.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sucks man!
If you have a deep scratch i the bumpers or hood you will need a whole new replacement for it.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks, but glad that it wasnt me =) haha j/k
Yeah... its not about how well you drive, its about how bad other people drive

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, good thinking and reflexes though!

Shineshop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sucks man!
If you have a deep scratch i the bumpers or hood you will need a whole new replacement for it.

If it's just gouged that is easily repaired and will not require replacement. If the plastic bumper is wrinkled or torn that is a different story but unless the damage is catastrophic plastic bumpers are repaired to brand new condition all the time.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its called plastic repair. if itll take the shop 1-2 hours at 55 dollers an hour to repair the scratches then the insurance would rather pay that then 500 dollers for an oem bumper. the brand we use is LORD Fusor 142 its really good stuff

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the damage

Alot of scratches and on the top part by the taillight is there is a little bump. The insurance guy came out this morning and said they have a machine to take out the scratches but when he saw the bump he said they would have to order a new bumper cover which I was happy about. He said they can order the bumper painted so when it comes in they might be able to put it on as I wait do you think they can do that?
Jan2010015.jpg
Jan2010010.jpg
Jan2010011.jpg
Jan2010015.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo