My 2022 tahoe (6.2L) want only v8 mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kimyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi bro
I want only v8 mode
I hate dfm because v4 Exhaust sound
How can i ?
Please help

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full throttle on the dyno.
No workaround for 2022

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my 2022 6.2 has DFM but I can never tell when it is dropping cylinders. It always runs great, responds to throttle, and sounds like a v8 should. Pretty amazing actually. It is so seamless that, like I said, I cannot tell when it is running "light".

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1668623634384.png

May work, may not, but I am always suspect of things making dubious claims:
Only way to modify a gear ratio is to use a different gear. You can't change a gear ratio electronically...you could adjust transmission shift points, but are still stuck w/ the designed in gear ratios.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 385317

Only way to modify a gear ratio is to use a different gear. You can't change a gear ratio electronically...you could adjust transmission shift points, but are still stuck w/ the designed in gear ratios.
The website does not list a Tahoe or Suburban. Only camaro and pick ups. Looks good if it works.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 385317

Agreed. That said, they’ve been in this business for a while and lots of folks use their Range devices on the GMT900 trucks with good results. I used to have one in my 2012 until I did a cam swap to remove AFM mechanically.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my 2022 6.2 has DFM but I can never tell when it is dropping cylinders. It always runs great, responds to throttle, and sounds like a v8 should. Pretty amazing actually. It is so seamless that, like I said, I cannot tell when it is running "light".
I don't notice mine doing it yet. Not much hwy travel these days though.

MikeBoom

Reaction score
”Modify gear ratio” refers to the function of correcting the vehicle’s CPU to recognize a gear ratio swap, presumably to correct the speedometer error that occurs when that is done. It’s in the documentation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove