My 2018 new tahoe low mpgs please post your mpgs to compare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
I can drive to the gas station down the street, and drive home, and it'll tell me I got 6 mpg. If I'm just driving it back and forth between the kids' school 1 1/2 miles away, it'll be pretty low too. Point is - you need to do "normal" driving to make any kind of an mpg judgement.

The bright side is - by driving 2 miles a day, you're using much less gas than the guy who gets 19 mpg on his 40 mile round trip highway commute.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I can’t change dic to view in 4 cylinder mode...

You can’t...? The next time you’re at the dealership have them show you how to do this. It’s in real time and is easily visible in the DIC settings.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
Drive it for 30 miles at 70mph on cruise control. It should get 20+mpg. Mine gets 25 easily. Once you get up to speed, reset the dic to zero on Trip A of the trip meter. If this doesn't get you numbers above 20mpg, something is wrong.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my first fill up yesterday and doing 100% small town / short trips, I'm getting 12.1mpg.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to average 8-9 mpg towing an 8000 pound travel trailer with my wife's ‘15 yukon. Not sure how you could possibly get that low without a huge trailer in tow.

wa3cuj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought 2018 Tahoe rst with 6.2 and 10 speed transmission need feed back on mpg please suggest . My mpg in city driving are at 9 mpg is it because it new . And it city driving with flow of traffic not stopping for ever.

I have a 2018 Yukon Denali with the 6,2 and 10 speed. I have tracked my mileage since the day I got it. I saw a slight improvement around 5000 miles. You cannot go by the MPG display on your instrument panel. I started tracking the calculated MPG against the displayed MPG and found that it is rarely even close!!! My spreadsheet is pasted below:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the DIC there is an options setting that allows you to turn on more features. Check to see what is turned off. I love the steering angle and the pitch of the vehicle on hills. But I am mostly on the instand MPG which, as stated by Wa3 is not accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9