My 2008 Tahoe Facelift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

twentyfour

Reaction score
So looks like I found my next project if I can DIY. Ive noticed that what I think is the clear coat peeling. Is that accurate? Ive been doing some research and this looks common with GM. I did have the hood and both front fenders and roof painted a while ago and so far that's been holding up well but now Im seeing this more on other parts of the truck. Tried to do a search but wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.IMG_7476.JPGIMG_7482.JPGIMG_7481.JPG

OP
OP
T

twentyfour

Reaction score
So the best solution is to vinyl wrap the truck. Stay tuned for more pictures. I have a great resource in Southern California who wraps cars the right way!

OP
OP
T

twentyfour

Reaction score
do you know the size of the speakers? and does any one know if the ppv comes with tweeters
For the doors I got 6.5" speakers. For the front and rear pillars I got smaller tweeters to fit the stock housing. These ones: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL3412T/JBL-Club-3412T.html?omnews=18257544

For the door speakers I used the plastic brackets that come from Crutchfield but I also reinforced them with JB Weld Plastic because when I installed them the first time, the top where you screw it in to the door cracked.

If you go to Crutchfield and put your vehicle info in it will tell you what fits and what is best compatible and easy to install. I've also experienced they have a good tech support and are super helpful.

Here are the door speakers, sorry, I don't have better pictures.

tempImages2gl4D.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9