My 2008 Esky Project, Pic attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73TA

Reaction score
You may have already read my post regarding LT headers. Here is the project 2008, 200K miles. Supposed to have a bad lifter, etc. The owner says it actually runs fine, just a valvetrain noise in the engine according to her mechanic. She was told to just replace the engine. Anyway, I got her down to $3200. She has all the records. She told me that she had just put on new air suspension, and claims she spent $3500 on the tires and wheels. She will also give me the stock 22's also.

Going to go with standard LT's, cam, etc. Motor will come out to be torn down for bearings and rings if needed.

MikeEsky 3.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You may have already read my post regarding LT headers. Here is the project 2008, 200K miles. Supposed to have a bad lifter, etc. The owner says it actually runs fine, just a valvetrain noise in the engine according to her mechanic. She was told to just replace the engine. Anyway, I got her down to $3200. She has all the records. She told me that she had just put on new air suspension, and claims she spent $3500 on the tires and wheels. She will also give me the stock 22's also.

Going to go with standard LT's, cam, etc. Motor will come out to be torn down for bearings and rings if needed.

MikeView attachment 264518
Hell of a deal. Has the 6.2 or 6.0?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky SOB!

Look forward to the build and your findings in regarded to the motor

OP
OP

73TA

Reaction score
Going to pick it up next week. I kinda of feel a little bad about her losing so much money it. But someone had to buy it. I will start a thread when I begin tearing it down.

Mike

OP
OP

73TA

Reaction score
Went to pick it today. When I pulled into the driveway the engine was running, was a little alarmed at first, worried about causing engine damage. The good news is there is no engine noise, no ticking, knocking, nothing. However, it is running on cylinders. Hooked up the scanned to the OBD port. No power to the scanner. Going to check the fuse for the cig lighter tomorrow when it is light out.

Hope that is just a broken valve spring?

Will follow up tomorrow.

Mike

OP
OP

73TA

Reaction score
Got power to the OBD port, #6 misfire. Verified spark to #6, Pulled the valve cover, it wasn't a broken valve spring. Went to use the starter to turn over the engine to check the rocker arm action to see if the cam was wiped and it started just on the driver side cylinders. Will do a compression test next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe