My 2 cents about Black Bear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msj724

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a quick review of my experience with Justin and Jenna. I have to be honest that all the hype that people were giving the tune had me a little skeptical. There are too many products out there that claim to make your car run better, but fail to show much of a difference when installed. I am happy to report that my Black Bear tune seems to be everything that it was hyped up to be. The tow/haul mode is ridiculously impressive. So much so that I haven't really tested the normal mode yet, but I am sure it is a huge improvment over the stock settings. Anyone thinking about a tune for their truck/SUV would not be disappointed in going with BB. Customer service is excellent considering how busy they are. I can't count how many times I bugged them in 2 1/2 - 3 months, and they never made me feel like I was a pain in the ass. Another satisfied customer.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
x2 :rocking:

It was a great pleasure doing business with them... not to mention the very modest price list. Thanks again Justin and Jenna! :Handshake:

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSJ724- what mods do you have on your trucc i was seriouls considering gettin this a few months ago but neva got any upgrades all i have is a K&n filter and a flowmaster i haven't put on yet becuz it. a muffler for dual exhaust and the tahoes only have a single. I kinda thought i wouldnt see any improvement.

OP
OP
M

msj724

Reaction score
Nfamous - The only performance type mods I have are the K&N 63 Series Aircharger Intake kit, and the MBRP full Catback exhaust system. BB suggests that if you have these things to put them on first before the tune. The didn't feel any performance differences with the intake and/or exhaust. They may have just helped my MPG's a little. I sure feel a difference now though. If I was only able to choose one performance mod for my truck, a BB tune would be it. I am certain you will be able to tell a difference in your Tahoe with a BB tune even with a stock exhaust and air intake. Make sure you get the tow/haul feature if you do it (as long as you don't do any heavy towing). The ability to pass another car now, even up a steep grade, is unbelievable compared to how weak the Tahoe was prior to the tune. Listen to the countless memebers on this forum when we say you won't be sorry you got a BB tune.

trevorluken

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of tune did you get and generally how much does it cost for it, I see they are coming to Gulfport,MS soon so I was thinking about getting it, if the tune is worth it.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of tune did you get and generally how much does it cost for it, I see they are coming to Gulfport,MS soon so I was thinking about getting it, if the tune is worth it.
oh, indeed, I did BB research for about 10-12 months, and did a live tune with Justin. WELL worth it!

do the 93 octane tune....but if you do the live with him, he can reccomend while you drive it what he suggest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16