My 04 Z71 LQ9 4L65E Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're really better off with a stock or ported LS6 pump. its all you'll ever need for that setup.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured Sunlit would say it best. I'm looking at BTR dual springs with titanium caps., they seem to have good feedback on pt.net.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor and Trans!

Well got the motor/trans. Had some issues in the yard lol. We just purchased an 07 Avalanche, had to run it 4low hooked to the trailer and the Hoe to pull it all out. Next step : Tearing down the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Headlights and Bulbs while waiting for the ground to dry up.

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Stay away from Chuck, He is NO Good!!! Hell PM Tahoewhat also he will tell you the same thing. I have friends who had him work on their vehicles and stuff was not right at all. Do some google searches On him and on reviews. And look at his FB post on his customers. I bought some stuff from him. And he was way over priced but I was in a pinch and could not wait! I.E. Was home on leave from military. If you look on the Houston Craig's list he takes most of the page! There are way better people out there! KP racing , SHP performance, Fast Lane, Secret services , 510 Race engineering

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Chuck, He is NO Good!!! Hell PM Tahoewhat also he will till you the same. Do some google searches. On him and on reviews. And look at his FB post on his customers. I bought some stuff from him. And he was way over priced but I was in a pinch and could not wait! I.E. Was home on leave from military. If you look on the Houston Craig's list he takes most of the page! There are way better people out there! KP racing , SHP performance, Fast Lane, Secret services , 510 Race engineering

Well Shit Balls!!

Ill do some more research. I dont really have the time to pull the engine apart and install everything I purchased. Work has really picked up (amazingly). They were going to charge 1600 to:
Pull the 5.3 from the hoe
Install everything in the LQ9 & Do the head work
Install the LQ9
Dyno Tune.
All for 1600. Not too shabby for all that.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last personal dealing with him was 08 or 09. It looks as tho he may have gotten better I'd still PM Tahoewhat tho!

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449561

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258505

Also look at 510 race engineering

The search continues....
Thanks man. Im gonna call 510 tomorrow. i was gonna go through the guy we talked about doing the head work, but Id have to send him the heads and then take the motor somewhere else, then have BlackBear tune it etc etc. Because work has gotten so busy, I want ONE shop to do the work AND the tune. Charlie doesnt have time to pull and install the motor or Id be going that route.

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price seems to good to be true. P&p and tune would eat up half the budget..i was quoted $2k just to r&r my motor...or my quote was high..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879