Muffler set up???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a flowmaster super 40 muffler and resinator delete. I got the muffler from summit w/ 3" inlet and outlet along w 2 3" to 2/34" reducers and a 90 degree bend for the resinator delete. Welded it all up and it sounds great. No drone on the highway and tolerable drone around town. all together i spend like $95. Thats my helper BTW

+1

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the flowmaster 40 Series (have 2 of them on my '77) but I'm surprised you have no drone on the highway with them. They are a loud muffler and are loud everywhere I go in the '77 and the reason I didn't get them on my Burb originally with it being a family ride :hmm: Very interesting information indeed.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: If you're anything like me that is a very distinct possibility :D

motosaki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how much louder will it be if i remove the resonator how much louder will it be??

I started out doing just the resinator delete and I noticed no difference in sound or volume, but thats me personally...I mean with a muffler as big as they put on these I'm not surprised its that quiet. That thing was MASSIVE! hah!

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the SLP resonator delete on my 2011 Hoe. After reading several threads about it I was surprised to hear a slight drone on the highway which was different then what everybody said. It is not loud but I can still hear it at speeds over 70. I guess there is a litte more load on the engine and a few more RPM's at that speed that makes it audible.

The delete does give it a little more sound around town even under normal acceleration but it is not loud. I would try the delete first and see how you like it and then go for the muffler if you want it louder.

motosaki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anything to removing besides cutting it off like muffler

no, just cut it off and do something to make sure you dont get any fumes in the car, wether it be a turn down or a 90 degree bend back toward the side of the car. thats what i did. it was WAY cheaper than the SLP kit. I cant see spending more than $15 for a piece of pipe and a clamp, unless you have access to a welder...way better than close to $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman