Mud Guards - WeatherTech or Husky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I personally hope Weathertech goes out of business. I contacted them to ask about why their floor mats lay over and got the run around with no answer to my question. If I have to drill a hole or two to mount the mud flaps I need, fine by me as long as they are not Weathertech.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Weathertech you use the holes that are already there. Why drill when you can use whats already there?
Because if you attach it better it's less likely to come loose, fall off or get damaged. It's only attached to plastic what difference does it make? are you going to take them off later and be worried about a tiny hole? if so put a retainer plug in it, they come in all sizes like boo-bees. lol

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WT has some good things and Husky has some good things. I think WT flaps beat husky's for coverage and ease of installation, but Husky's mats are far superior... All of them beat GM's offerings.....

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You just bought the wrong ones, they are all not like this.

Here are the Weathertech.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Good looking ride. Husky doesn’t make a front yet so I’m leaning Weathertech.

OP
OP
Patfans

Patfans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went with the Husky ones, I think they look great. Although I'm having minor rubbing on the right wheel when turned all the way. I haven't tried to fix it yet.

IMG_2109.jpgIMG_2110.jpg

yesitis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have weathertech husky or the GM ones installed on an RST?
I really don’t like the GM ones as they have the big bowtie on it. I can’t tell what the weathertech or husky ones look like with 22s.
Thanks for pics and input.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you go on WT website to look at the flaps, if you select 22 model year with power steps they only show a rear set available. If you select 21 model year with power steps it shows front and rears available? Is this just a formatting thing on their site or was there physical changes to the steps between the 2 years?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I need to get some flaps installed. The first time I drive anywhere after washing the yukon I have dirt sprayed all over the side again

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had good lck with W/T product on previous and up until the 21/22 T/Y was able to get all my external and internal protectors in one stop shopping…all weather floor mats, cargo area liners, footwell liners, all three rows, even external protection products like wind/rock deflectors, for moonr and leading edge of the hood. The biggest disappointment for this new generation of E/T/Y is not having the vent visors. I especially like the in channel type but not made. I had to go with GM vendor ones and they don’t seem as sturdy. Dealer threw in drivers, front passengers, 2nd row all season removab liners. To keep the match I ordered the three piece cargo area liners. Moonroof wind deflector is universal sticky tape kind just need a couple of consecutive decent days above 70 and sunny to help with adhesion. W/T did get the business for the hood bug deflector. Yes I have ClearBra but the defecotr goes over the CB fim to add a extra layer of paint film protection.

side window vent visors aside if the dealer didn’t throw in two thirds of the floor liners needed I would have gladly gone with W/T. Fact is I couldn’t find the OEM mats from my 21 Premier so the new ow should have a nice set of low mileage w/T interior liner package. I did remember to remove the hood deflector and the W/T no drill mid flaps were not installed so that was a easy $70 for dealer to install while they had it in the lift for the side rail installation.

Summary, I am partial to W/T based on previous experience but your $$$

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody use these flaps have a side exit exhaust tip like the SLP tips? I am wondering if they keep crap off them or not because my SLP tips take a beating from tire wash. Especially from dirt or salt covered roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS