Mud Guards - WeatherTech or Husky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patfans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at getting mud guards for the Z71. I've seen pics of the WeatherTech ones installed and they look really square. I'm thinking the Husky ones are more round at the bottom based off of pics on their website. Does anyone have pics of the Husky ones installed?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, I would not buy anything from WeatherTech because of threads I have seen and my personal experience with them when I called about their "laser technology" floor mats that end up curling at the edges. Got the run around and talked AROUND the problem with basically no help. I call it "Customer No Service".

I have the Husky floor mats and have for years and like them, so I would not hesitate to buy their mud flaps. Again, IMO.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had the Husky's on mine for a years work great, same with the floor liners, the weathertech floor liners curled on me, ended up throwing them in the garbage, they may have fixed that issue by now though.

Reaction score
I have the Husky mud flaps on my 2012 front and rear. They are a bit rounded in the corners, but your model year may be different.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as the weather tech said they had ones that worked with power boards, I bought them. They look very good, they are substantial, and they were a good buy. Very happy.
I don’t care how they look, I care about how they cover and these cover well.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Husky's on mine for a years work great, same with the floor liners, the weathertech floor liners curled on me, ended up throwing them in the garbage, they may have fixed that issue by now though.
Fixed the curling absofrikinlutly NOT. Mine curl and move around.. total ****

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have weather tech flaps, but I bought before I decided their mats were junk. Bought husky mats, then traded and the next one already had husky’s, but someone had not treated them well and they curled. Husky replaced them and it wasn’t a bad experience to do so.
Good Husky
Bad weather tech

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have WeatherTech mud flaps and they work perfectly. And they're designed so you don't have to drill any holes in your ride to attach them. Their mounting holes are right in line with the holes that are already there. They are solid and don't bend or warp. I don't have any problem with them and I would buy them again...if I had another ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick