Mud Guards - WeatherTech or Husky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up these Rally Armor UR+ mud flaps the other day. I like the look of them over any of the plastic ones but they're a universal fit so I've been trying to figure out the install. There is a slight indent in the rear liner I believe so I've been thinking a 1/2"-3/4" bushing will work.
Another consideration if to buy either factor or WT or Husky for the mounting point, trim the entire flap part off and mount the Rally Armor flaps to that then to the wheel well.
Couple of options and I think most of them will work. I'll make a post when I get them on.
Rally Armor UR+

IMG_5983.jpg

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go on WT website to look at the flaps, if you select 22 model year with power steps they only show a rear set available. If you select 21 model year with power steps it shows front and rears available? Is this just a formatting thing on their site or was there physical changes to the steps between the 2 years?
No changes between the two model years. I have a 2022 Denali with power steps and had to order for the 2021 to get the fronts. They fit perfectly.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to get the WT front flaps installed without taking the tires off? I'm a bit lazy and would prefer not to, but there's literally only an inch of space btwn the nut head and the tire. Plus my torx bit is starting to strip

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any mud flap I install would have these considerations:
1. If molded and wrap around the fender, they need to be installed rock solid with a buffer so no vibration against the paint or they’ll rub it off to bare metal. I had the pop-in factory type that wrapped around the fender edge on a prior truck - rubbed the paint off along outer edge.
2. Installed in existing holes if possible rather than expose bare metal by drilling new holes.
3. A flexible product preferred (hence #1)
IMO

Reaction score
Anyone able to get the WT front flaps installed without taking the tires off? I'm a bit lazy and would prefer not to, but there's literally only an inch of space btwn the nut head and the tire. Plus my torx bit is starting to strip
Turning the steering wheel so the tire is turned toward the side you're working on may give you the space you need

Reaction score
Any mud flap I install would have these considerations:
1. If molded and wrap around the fender, they need to be installed rock solid with a buffer so no vibration against the paint or they’ll rub it off to bare metal. I had the pop-in factory type that wrapped around the fender edge on a prior truck - rubbed the paint off along outer edge.
2. Installed in existing holes if possible rather than expose bare metal by drilling new holes.
3. A flexible product preferred (hence #1)
IMO
The Husky flaps on my 2012 came with a clear strip you stick to the paint before installing the flap

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread before I paid GMC to install the OEM rear splash guards. I’ll be returning them this week.

I just ordered the front+rear weathertech sets today and by looking at the instructions I can maybe kinda sorta handle the install. I’m sadly not mechanically inclined whatsoever, the one good gene that didn’t get passed down.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread before I paid GMC to install the OEM rear splash guards. I’ll be returning them this week.

I just ordered the front+rear weathertech sets today and by looking at the instructions I can maybe kinda sorta handle the install. I’m sadly not mechanically inclined whatsoever, the one good gene that didn’t get passed down.
They are super easy to install (3 screws per flap if I remember correctly) and look great on the truck.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are super easy to install (3 screws per flap if I remember correctly) and look great on the truck.
yep, they came in yesterday and I had them installed pretty quick. Rears you removed the 3 factory screws on each side, put flap on, and installed the same screws. Front you removed factory screws and placed flaps and used new provided bolts. I’m not mechanically inclined whatsoever and I was able to handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman