MTX thunderform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just wondering, who here has the MTX thunderform with the 10" sub that replaces the factory sub? Those of you who do have it are you satisfied with the sound?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to do some cutting and trimming of the stock location to make that fit?

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
I wish they made something similar for the 07+ Tahoe's....only one I know of is the JL Audio one and its $$$$

OP
OP
B

blue01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anthony, yes that is the one im referring to. I am considering purchasing this as i want a little more bass but do not want to fill the entire back of my truck with subs. I did all that on my last car and had fun with it, but now i just want clean sound.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
anthony, yes that is the one im referring to. I am considering purchasing this as i want a little more bass but do not want to fill the entire back of my truck with subs. I did all that on my last car and had fun with it, but now i just want clean sound.

Another option is just build a small box and use low profile subs (JL makes them) I know a few people with them and they take up no room hardly and still sound good.

I woudln't give up the bass my 2 Alpine Type-R 12's give out tho lol :hands:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the that Thunderform running off a Cobalt 500.1 mono amp. The cutting that you have to do is to the factory trim panel (if your sub isn't located there. In my 2005 it's under the console, not in the cargo area.), but that's really all. You have to move the jack tools also, but that's not biggie - most guys do that anyway.

The sub is okay. it does give you better bass, but truth be told I'm already thinking of replacing the sub itself with a Kicker that's been mentioned on here. I'm not sure if the amp is driving too much power or what, but the sub sounds distorted at times.