Moving roof cross member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you remove the plastic "screws" from the holes of the roof rack? I want to move a cross member. The screw has a flat tip space but the all just turn in place.

DCYukon

Reaction score
I called the dealer and it is just a pushed in rubber "bolt" without spiral threads on my 2015 Denali. So I just very cautiously pried it out with a combination of small flathead and my fingers and then after moving the crossbar put the rubber spacer back in the holes I moved from.

Coming from a 2009 Denali with adjustable rails to this was a head scratcher but the spacers are just plugs and they need to be pulled out not screwed out (carefully as they feel like they will come apart).

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that if you pry them while you are unscrewing them they come out a little easier (but it's not required). For me it helped keep them in better shape, it doesn't take much to destroy the plastic plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21