Motor mounts for 98 Yukon 1500 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redwing4900

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic to show how their motor mounts look when installed front view? Or a reference on how to change the motor mounts? I can find plenty of info on the 2wd version of the clam shell mounts but None for the 4x4. Thanks

OP
OP
redwing4900

redwing4900

Reaction score
I verified that I have the correct mounts and they can only go in one way, so I’m certain they’re in correctly.
When I installed the motor I had the transmission already in it and mated it up to trans then set it into the mounts. Could this have tweaked and then possible damage the mounts? That’s the only reason I can come up with unless this mount is extremely low quality.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Either low quality, lots of them are made in China or India, or you could have torqued them getting everything lined up as you did all that. Are you saying the mounts were on the engine as you dropped it in or on the frame waiting for the engine?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you just dropped the engine down and pushed the bolt through on each side, there should be no reason for the shop to say they are bad. What was the reason for them saying they were bad? Why were they inspecting the mounts at all? Did you think they were bad and wanted a second opinion? They should be able to tell you what leads them to think they are bad.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my engine rebuilt 4 years ago on my 1998 2 door. My engine mounts were pretty much shot. I ended up buying Energy Suspension polyurethane inserts for the clam shell style mounts. Rivots need to be drilled out but other than that its not bad. I remember thinking not wanting to trust cheap Chinese mounts in this particular application as OEM mounts are not available. I also bought the polyurethane transmission mount. Good product but not cheap. I think it was around $100 for all three. Just another option for you. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz