More Lift Questions With A Specific Goal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jdrautoworks

Front: Bilstein 5100 struts set at the highest setting.

Rear: Bilstein 5100 shocks and Moog 81069 springs.

With 2 inches of lift you might not be able to run 33 inch tires, might need to do the nor cal mod.

Is there a difference between Tahoes and Yukons, as far as front fender dimensions?

My Yukon came to me with 33" BFG KO2s with a stock front end. Fit fine with no rubbing. I've only added an RC spacer to level the front out. I've fit three different 33" tires on my Yukon (BFG, Toyo, Nokian) with no rubbing issues until I added Husky mud flaps, but a little trimming worked fine.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Charlie207 They are the same front end but depending on which wheels they run there could be rubbing depending on the offset, just something to be aware of

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought fox made a 2.5" lift set of coilovers? belltech makes a smaller set of coilovers for 3-4" than i have (the 6-8"). they say its for use with their lift kit...not sure if they mean by themselves it will only lift the front not the back? or needs UCAs which is prob a good idea, seems that you already know that

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skyjacker c25r are a 2.5 inch rear lift spring. Longer shocks are easy to find. Jeep jk rear sway links work in rear 2 inch lift jeep works with 2-3 inch lift tahoe. front sway links if I remember correctly 2500/3500 sway links work with 2‐3 inch lift double check that its been long time since i ran a front swaybar. There's a few different brands of lift struts out there rough country are cheap but they hold up and ride great I got about 3 years on a set of there 3.5 lift struts. They actually lifted it almost 5 inches not 3.5 but that might be partially because I ordered a set for a truck not a suv because I did there 3.5 knuckle lift to get better front suspension geometry. I had similar goals for first round of lifting mine no spacers and around 3.5 inches lift. Only spacers I have are 1 inch diff drop spacers from the rough country kit

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl One day I would like to redo my suspension and move away from spacers and get some proper coilovers in front and try to use those skyjacker 2.5 inch lift springs. I currently have the 81069 springs with a 2.5 inch spacer but I don't know what that equates, I would imagine 3 inches but it can be hard to get the rear to match the front when you are putting together your own kit. I've had at least 3 different sets of spacers in the rear trying to get it just right.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl One day I would like to redo my suspension and move away from spacers and get some proper coilovers in front and try to use those skyjacker 2.5 inch lift springs. I currently have the 81069 springs with a 2.5 inch spacer but I don't know what that equates, I would imagine 3 inches but it can be hard to get the rear to match the front when you are putting together your own kit. I've had at least 3 different sets of spacers in the rear trying to get it just right.
It's hard to predict how much lift you will end up with till parts are installed every vehicle is different. 2.5 rear springs sounded perfect match for 3.5 front when I did it till I got done and it was squatted. Luckily for mine the c50r 5 inch springs leveled it perfectly. The next lift I'm putting together for mine will probably run into that again.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off lot's of great info from you folks here!

Been looking around quite a bit and have a good idea of a plan but would like some input because I cannot seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Right now looking like RC but not liking the options. Going to be lifting the girlfriends 2011 Z71 Tahoe and is currently stock and below is what I am trying to accomplish but just can't put the right parts combo together. Trying to achieve a 3" lift in the front and bring the rear level with the front and run a 33x12.50 tire.

Front: Looking for complete strut assemblies to achieve the lift with out spacers and replacing the UCA to help the ball joint stress as well as install the sway bar links with out using extension brackets.

Struts - Is there a complete strut that will achieve 3" without spacers outside of the RC brand that is quality?
Upper Control Arm - What is the best option for a UCA to work with the recommended strut?
Sway Bar Link - Is there a longer SBL that will work with this lift, I've seen reference to Jeep links but didn't get a ton of detail?

Rear: Looking to bring the rear level with the front with out the use of spacers if possible, new shocks with out extensions, and sway bar links.

Springs - Is there a aftermarket spring that will bring the back end up, I'm thinking it'll need to be 1-1.5 inches of lift?
Shocks - Would like to go with an extended shock vs. the extension brackets, again something quality, doesn't need to be adjustable Kings?
Sway Bar Links - Same as above for the front, is there an extended link so I do not have to use the extension hardware.
Track/Pan Hard Bar - With this mild lift is it necessary to replace the track bar with an adjustable?

Lastly tires and wheels... Would like to run a 33x12.50 or taller, reading I may have to go with a 11.50 and that is fine just harder to find. Wheels looking at a 18x9 with a -18 back spacing, as I'd like the tire to stick out just .5-1" and seems to be the best combo for the lift/tire regarding clearance.

Any input on the wheel tire combo is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
JDR
Can't you accomplish 33" tires by only changing the wheels?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jdrautoworks

Front: Bilstein 5100 struts set at the highest setting.

Rear: Bilstein 5100 shocks and Moog 81069 springs.

With 2 inches of lift you might not be able to run 33 inch tires, might need to do the nor cal mod.
What's the difference between 81069 and 81071? Both are listed stock size for my tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts