Momentary Grinding noise after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has happened twice now that I remote started my 2021 and here a momentary grinding type noise not the moment it starts but a second or so later. First time I thought "it wasn't the car" well yesterday it did it again with my kids were next to the car and heard it too. I saw a puff of dust/smoke too under the engine. It is so dam hot out I didn't get to investigate but the only thing that comes to mine is maybe something with the fans when they kick on. I hate taking it to the dealer until I know what it is since they take days and no rental cars....

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has happened twice now that I remote started my 2021 and here a momentary grinding type noise not the moment it starts but a second or so later. First time I thought "it wasn't the car" well yesterday it did it again with my kids were next to the car and heard it too. I saw a puff of dust/smoke too under the engine. It is so dam hot out I didn't get to investigate but the only thing that comes to mine is maybe something with the fans when they kick on. I hate taking it to the dealer until I know what it is since they take days and no rental cars....

Checked the engine compartment for a four-legged cat? Seriously, maybe the starter is engaging a bit long.

John52269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hear it when the air conditioner is on when i start the truck, It sounds like a grunting niose right after the engine starts. As for a smoke issue i haven't notice any.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the Dealer and at least let them hear it and take a look at it. You may not have to leave it but at least give them a heads up about what is going on. Also, take a video and send it to the Service Manager. Just go one step at a time.

OP
OP
robgreg75

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't do it every start. I started it yesterday with video recording and it didn't do it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't do it every start. I started it yesterday with video recording and it didn't do it.

Which means you already know what the dealer will tell you; "We could not duplicate the issue"

I would actually wait until you get a couple recordings of it happening and then send to a service adviser at your dealership to review BEFORE you even take it in.

OP
OP
robgreg75

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which means you already know what the dealer will tell you; "We could not duplicate the issue"

I would actually wait until you get a couple recordings of it happening and then send to a service adviser at your dealership to review BEFORE you even take it in.
Yep as I stated from the first post I won't be wasting my time until it fails or I know what it is. Last time I took it for warranty work I think it sat for 3 days before they even got to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts