Mishimoto 1999-2014 GMT800/900 Performance Radiator R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I see Mishimoto incorporated the engine oil cooler line ports. My 05 Tahoe has the heavy duty tow package, came with the factory external trans cooler which I've upgraded. I don't have the factory engine oil cooler lines though. I see rockauto offer's 2 compatible replacement line kits for my truck. So, do you all know if I would be able to get the oil line kit and hook it up?

I tow a 25' travel trailer that's around 4600-4800lbs loaded. The with the beefed up transcooler, I've never seen my trans temps go above 170ish towing, normally they sit around 140-145 depending on the outside temps. However, last weekend I had to cross over Monteagle Mountain. It's not really a mountain, but still has a 5 mile section with 6% grade during portions of it. I manual downshifted to 2nd and needed very little throttle to maintain speed around 50mph, but my RPM were around 3100-3200. Around a mile or so in, my engine temps start to rise and hit 225 degrees so I dropped in behind a loaded semi and slowed down to his pace of around 40-42 mph. The temps peaked around 228 and then dropped back to 222-224 for the remainder of the hill. The Truck has the 5.3(non-flex fuel), 4x4, LT, with 3.42 gears and has around 148k miles. It's still on the original radiator, water pump, and tstat. I'm thinking it's time to do an overhaul on the cooling system. I run Mobile 1 sythetic, but I'm right at my 4k mile oil change. I do know my oil levels were good as I had just topped off the fluids a week prior. Just almost seems like the engine temps came up from the RPM's and not so much the actual load on the engine. Either way, i'm thinking y'alls radiator would potentially kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak, if I could install the engine oil lines and utilize that along with the increase cooling capacity of the new radiator.

Very interested in your choice of direction, here. Make sure you keep us in the loop.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Looks good. Any more info on these radiators? What is the lead time for these?

Hi Juan,

Our radiators feature all-aluminum construction, thicker, denser cores, and larger capacity over the GM units while retaining the factory connections for bolt-in ease. Feel free to check out the product page on our site for more details as well:

https://www.mishimoto.com/chevrolet-silverado-1999-2014-radiator.html

Unfortunately as of this week (9/23-27) we're sold out of them at the moment, but more are on the way to the warehouse within the next week or so. If you're looking to pick one up for your truck, feel free to give our customer service team a call and we'll be happy to get an order in for you.

Thanks,

Mishimoto

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fittings for oil and transmission coolers can be swapped from the OEM retainer style to AN correct?

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in MD?

Nice to know a great company is near. MD tends to scare away business.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
The fittings for oil and transmission coolers can be swapped from the OEM retainer style to AN correct?

This radiator uses threaded ports to accept the factory-style quick disconnect transmission and oil lines, however, they can be easily removed and replaced with custom adapters. If you're getting set up with different types of ines that's as easy as picking up a fitting for your desired line type. AN conversions are probably the most common swap with this radiator and our other parts.

Thanks,

Mishimoto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz