MILEAGE POLL

HOW MANY MILES DOES YOUR RIG HAVE ON IT RIGHT NOW?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the best I've ever averaged over a tank is like 21. That's coming back from west to east on cross country road trip. My lifetime average is 17ish. Seeing all these high mpg posts makes me think they all drive much slower than me. I do the math on real mpg when we're traveling and it's always less than the dash shows. 6.2 10 speed, short body. 40 psi in the tires and serviced from top to bottom since new.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the best I've ever averaged over a tank is like 21. That's coming back from west to east on cross country road trip. My lifetime average is 17ish. Seeing all these high mpg posts makes me think they all drive much slower than me. I do the math on real mpg when we're traveling and it's always less than the dash shows. 6.2 10 speed, short body. 40 psi in the tires and serviced from top to bottom since new.
The key to good mpg numbers is using your brakes as little as possible. Lots of elevation changes here in Oregon. I used to have 140 mile daily commute when I lived on the coast and had to drive over the coastal range. I would watch people gas hard going up & a sea of red lights riding their brakes going down. Except for the 1st & last miles I would make it without touching my brakes.
I also get to maximize cruising speed as quickly as possible (cheap thrills)

Boatguy

Reaction score
2017 Denali here. I just use it for towing the boat and snowy road trips where 4WD comes in handy. Almost 26,000 miles. Garage stored too.

Really not driving it much these days. I just ordered oil change stuff. Records say I drove 1500 miles in 11 months.

Who mentioned Bend, Oregon? We went by there last week.

Sisters and Broken Top.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

XSGforce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon SLT is about to turn over 302,000. I plan on driving it until it dies. I would probably replace it with another one of the same generation when the time comes. It's interesting that at the time I'm writing this the lowest and highest mileage options in the pole have the most votes.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
145,481 as of this morning. Purchased CPO in Feb '18 w/ 32k miles.

This 2015 Tahoe LTZ has been, well, many things. Certainly an earlier model in the production line...
I really am in a relationship w/this vehicle. She has her moments, but I treat her well and we have a lot of fun together.
Looking forward to hitting 175k. Goal of 200k.
2" level at 37k miles
4" BDS lift @ 98k miles
Avg. fuel economy w/ 4" has been 14.8 mpg.

It's fun to drive, gets me and the family around town and out on our adventures. And pretty handy when it comes to projects, haulin' stuff, family in town, etc etc. You all know!

InkedBBFCFM - BDS Lift - FRONT RIGHT SIDE VIEW Flat Rugged 1b - Copy2 - 10.2021_LI.jpg

Safe Travels!

JuicedLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
261,000 on my 5.3l 07 Tahoe LT still running the original trans, regular oil change with good quality products and tranny flush every 30,000 miles, AC blows ice cold, 4wd works like a champ, fully stock with AFM operational. I must have a unicorn, I'm riding her till she pukes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432