Michelin or Bridgestone tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's about time to get my Denali 2012 tires changed. What would you guys advise are the better tires for on road comfort and durability? I live in a very hot region if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if for longevity/durability go Michelin

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe SSV came with Goodyear Silent Armor kevlars, load range "E". While they look aggressive they are actually pretty quiet and handle quite well. I believe they are also rated for 50k miles or so. They are one tough set of tires though and if you do any kind of towing they will serve you well. Ii have them pumped up to 50psi so the ride is a little stiff but that's what you need to put in load range "E" tires.
I've always had Michelin LTX M/S on my 08 Envoy and 98 Blazer. I swear by them. They have never failed me in moderate mud or heavy snow. I've never had to chain up. When these Goodyear's finally wear down I may go back to the LTX's again. Depends how I feel about spending another grand. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20150923_082312.jpg
    IMG_20150923_082312.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20150923_082447.jpg
    IMG_20150923_082447.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
A

asad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally bought Bridgestone tires

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally bought Bridgestone tires

Nice! Which Bridgestone? How much?
After our recent storm out here I noticed that my Good Years were hydroplaning. There's about 5/32 left on them. We have this one road that always backs up with over a foot of water when it first rains. With my old Envoy I would always hit that water hard an would slice right through it no problem, even when my LTX's were worn down. When I went through with the Tahoe I noticed the back end floating out. So i'm leaning toward throwing anothe set of LTX's on in the next couple of weeks.

Sparky_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe SSV came with Goodyear Silent Armor kevlars, load range "E". While they look aggressive they are actually pretty quiet and handle quite well. I believe they are also rated for 50k miles or so. They are one tough set of tires though and if you do any kind of towing they will serve you well. Ii have them pumped up to 50psi so the ride is a little stiff but that's what you need to put in load range "E" tires.
I've always had Michelin LTX M/S on my 08 Envoy and 98 Blazer. I swear by them. They have never failed me in moderate mud or heavy snow. I've never had to chain up. When these Goodyear's finally wear down I may go back to the LTX's again. Depends how I feel about spending another grand. Lol.

I went with Michelins newest tread on my Tahoe, Defender LTX, very quiet and ride is awesome. I have the 275/55R20. Give a better review when I get more miles on them.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
As did I last week. Michelin LTX defender LT265/70R17, load range E.
What a great riding tire! Waaaay smoother than I expected in this size and load range and quiet too.
Definitely an improvement over the Wranglers that came on it.
I haven't taken them off pavement yet. They'll likely see snow on Mt Hood first. Wow, why did I wait so long? (oh that s right because I'm a tight ***...). I got mine at Tire America for $900 out the door plus a $70 rebate, which I will put towards a nice set of chains.
I'm lovin these tires!

Sparky_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were $960 installed. I like the way Discount Tire torques the lugs, not just run em down with the impact

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Oh that's right they're Discount Tire now. They'll always be Tire America to me, lol. But you're correct, they are careful and courteous. They also removed my center caps by hand and not with the impact wrench.

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pricey yet Michelin will provide good grip, and these tires wear well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401