Methods to Protecting my underbody? Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LionsGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have searched high and low to find the perfect method to cleaning up the underbody of my Yukon 4WD. But I cannot narrow it down to the needs of my specific truck. Truck has surface rust on Frame/Rear Diff. It is virtually mint on the rockers. Good for a 2001

What I do know:

1.Rubber undercoating is bad.

2.I don’t want to spray motor oil under my truck.

3.I Want to remove surface rust, convert rust into paintable surface, paint it, then fluid film or Krown it.

So the question is, what is the best method to attain a smooth, long lasting rust free undercoating?

Also if I find it hard to get time to do all the painting can I just Krown or fluid film it for the time being?

Any help would be great.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that fluid film is just lanolin and you know where that comes from.

I just sprayed the underside of mine with an old can of PB Blaster, that was enough to arrest the rusting now that it lives in the south.

OP
OP
LionsGuy

LionsGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A penetrating fluid? Ok that’s a new one. Looking more in the lines of negating the rust, then treating it year to year if I can find a good enough method that’s cost effective/ and not labor intensive. If not I guess I’ll splash some FF OR KO on it, to slow it down

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A penetrating fluid? Ok that’s a new one. Looking more in the lines of negating the rust, then treating it year to year if I can find a good enough method that’s cost effective/ and not labor intensive. If not I guess I’ll splash some FF OR KO on it, to slow it down

Sure, you can use WD-40, Rem Oil or even Ballistol. I reserve the Ballistol for my muzzleloaders! I have also used WD-40. Lard or bacon, deer, bear grease etc. would be best. Just make sure to render it down good so critters won't come crawling around to eat the cracklings.

OP
OP
LionsGuy

LionsGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sure, you can use WD-40, Rem Oil or even Ballistol. I reserve the Ballistol for my muzzleloaders! I have also used WD-40. Lard or bacon, deer, bear grease etc. would be best. Just make sure to render it down good so critters won't come crawling around to eat the cracklings.

This is wild haha, said like a true sportsman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e