Memory seats function 2016 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from the manual.

If equipped, memory seats allow two drivers to store and recall their unique seat positions for driving the vehicle, and a shared exit position for getting out of the vehicle. Other feature positions may also be set, such as power mirrors, power steering wheel, and adjustable pedals, if equipped. Memory positions are linked to RKE transmitter 1 or 2 for automatic memory recalls.

Before storing, adjust all available memory feature positions. Turn the ignition on and then press and release SET; a beep will sound. Then immediately press and hold 1, 2, or B (Exit) on the driver door until two beeps sound. To manually recall these positions, press and hold 1, 2, or B until the saved position is reached.

So pressing and holding is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
So I grabbed my key #2 and set auto memory recall to on and when I start the car it goes to whatever is memorized on button 2. If I want to go to #1 preset I have to keep the button pressed till it reaches the positions memorized on that button. No push and release to get there. What is going on?

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
This is from the manual.

If equipped, memory seats allow two drivers to store and recall their unique seat positions for driving the vehicle, and a shared exit position for getting out of the vehicle. Other feature positions may also be set, such as power mirrors, power steering wheel, and adjustable pedals, if equipped. Memory positions are linked to RKE transmitter 1 or 2 for automatic memory recalls.

Before storing, adjust all available memory feature positions. Turn the ignition on and then press and release SET; a beep will sound. Then immediately press and hold 1, 2, or B (Exit) on the driver door until two beeps sound. To manually recall these positions, press and hold 1, 2, or B until the saved position is reached.

So pressing and holding is required.

Yes but not on all cars. Like I said, on my buddy's car it is press and release.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the car brand new and I did not know back then about keys being associated with memory features, I just wanted 2 keys. I will try to do it myself, I was able to when I lost one of the keyfobs from my XTS.
ya but these new trucks are different, you may be able to erase the old seat memories but not the keys pretty sure the dealer would have to do it, you could try to get another new unprogrammed key made and do the 30 minute relearn, you have to have 2 working keys to do a quick relearn.

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
ya but these new trucks are different, you may be able to erase the old seat memories but not the keys pretty sure the dealer would have to do it, you could try to get another new unprogrammed key made and do the 30 minute relearn, you have to have 2 working keys to do a quick relearn.
I know, that's what I did with my Cadillac , The 30 minutes re learn . A month later I found the lost fob in a drawer

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's seems like for the 2015 models the memory functions are not associated with the keys

Oh. The key association is nice but I’m the only one who drives my truck so the memory seat thing is not a priority for me. I won’t let my wife near it. She says it’s to big to drive anyway. Win for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts