Memory seats function 2016 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian80

Reaction score
So I noticed something different in my car as opposed to my buddy's Suburban. If I memorize mirrors and seat position to preset 1 let's say, in order to use those settings when I get in the car I have to press the 1 button and keep pressed untill the seat and the mirrors come to the positions I memorized. In my buddy's car he only has to push and release the button for that to happen. Can anybody chime in regarding this? How does it works in your car?
Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe the button is bad, you should only have to push the button quickly, generally holding the button down is only to to save a setting, do the easy out and button 2 work normally?

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 2019 Denali I have to press and hold the button as well. Maybe GM changed the system along the way?

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
maybe the button is bad, you should only have to push the button quickly, generally holding the button down is only to to save a setting, do the easy out and button 2 work normally?
It might be related to the fact that the dealer programed my key as a third key because supposedly one key was lost. I only have key 2 and 3 now. It is not a push button start car.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you confirm if you have push button start or not and both original keys?

I have push button start and do not have both original keys. They couldn’t find the second so they made another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
Could it be key related? I know the car has automated memory preset recall when you start the car with the right key ( memory presets are associated with the key). Anybody with this issue can confirm if they have both original keys?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so in the dealers great wisdom they made the key a 3rd key instead of erasing the original key memory?, I would ask them to reprogram it for 1 key

OP
OP
C

Christian80

Reaction score
so in the dealers great wisdom they made the key a 3rd key instead of erasing the original key memory?, I would ask them to reprogram it for 1 key
I bought the car brand new and I did not know back then about keys being associated with memory features, I just wanted 2 keys. I will try to do it myself, I was able to when I lost one of the keyfobs from my XTS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr