Mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone in or around Colorado Springs know of a good mechanic for our trucks? I don't have very good luck picking. Just had the oil pan gasket replaced and came out this morning to oil all over the garage and no oil on the dipstick. Hope the engine didn't get screwed up.

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone in or around Colorado Springs know of a good mechanic for our trucks? I don't have very good luck picking. Just had the oil pan gasket replaced and came out this morning to oil all over the garage and no oil on the dipstick. Hope the engine didn't get screwed up.

The only way that is possible is if the oil pan drain plug was so loose that it allowed all the fluid to come out. If the seal was installed incorrectly you would still have a pan full of oil and registering on the dipstick. Was it loose? How much oil on the ground we talking?

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in response. The engine is good. Got it towed back to the shop and they fixed it up. They said that they used a different brand seal and it burst near a bolt. Everything is good now but I won't be going back.

Baddawg

Reaction score
Yeah, thats why im going to be finding someone else.

Hey , Puckhead.
As much as finding a good mechanic I am also interested in knowing ones to avoid. Can you share the shop you used and also the mechanic? That mechanic may have moved on to someplace else.