Mean '13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
13BurbanKid

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
Tomorrow the truck gets dropped off to get the rear main seal/plate changed along with a transmission and differential service.

The rear main seals through GM were on national backorder for a long time but they just got a shipment in of them just to let everyone know.

Here is the picture of the plate and the part number if anyone needs to get one.

20200721_125437.jpg 20200721_125446.jpg

OP
OP
13BurbanKid

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
A few days ago the MIL light came on while I was driving around. When I scanned the truck it had a P0455-00 gross evap leak code. I checked my new Delco gas cap to make sure it was on right and cleared the code. I didn't even make it 10 miles away and the MIL was back on. My 60 mile round trip cost me a quarter of a tank of gas.

So I decided to change all three major pieces of the evaporative emissions system because they are all original.

20200829_110930.jpg

These are the part numbers for the pieces.

Not a bad job to do but whoever designs the connectors that go on these pieces should be flogged. Each "quick" connect fitting is different. How unnecessary!

I drove it 30 miles and it hasn't reset like it did last time. My gas mileage seems to be back in check so I am very satisfied.

Now if only I could spend money on fun stuff instead of repairing the Big Black Truck.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
13BurbanKid

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
I removed the roof rack just now. The roof is in terrible shape due to this Florida sun. The only good parts were under the cross bars. Painting the roof will be the next project I do.

20200830_130522.jpg
If anyone wants the roof rack I will give it to them if they want to pick it up or whatever shipping charges there are to ship it. Otherwise it's to the scrap pile.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I removed the roof rack just now. The roof is in terrible shape due to this Florida sun. The only good parts were under the cross bars. Painting the roof will be the next project I do.

View attachment 256024
If anyone wants the roof rack I will give it to them if they want to pick it up or whatever shipping charges there are to ship it. Otherwise it's to the scrap pile.
Have you tried to compound it with a buffer? Doesn't look damaged just super dull.

OP
OP
13BurbanKid

13BurbanKid

Reaction score
Have you tried to compound it with a buffer? Doesn't look damaged just super dull.

No I haven't. The surface has very deep scratch-like marks on it. A good friend of mine is a paint and body guy so I am going to have him look at it and make a determination. Thank you for the advice, Tony!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts