MBRP Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Put the stock muffler back on today, the drone and cylinder deactivation is too much.

Sounds good at start up and when accelerating but the rest of the time it's horrible. And since you can't turn off the AFM on the 21 Tahoe's I'll need to find a better exhaust option.

Leaning towards the GM performance exhaust system.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the stock muffler back on today, the drone and cylinder deactivation is too much.

Sounds good at start up and when accelerating but the rest of the time it's horrible. And since you can't turn off the AFM on the 21 Tahoe's I'll need to find a better exhaust option.

Leaning towards the GM performance exhaust system.
Thanks for posting the honest review.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update I ordered and will install the GM performance exhaust (Borla), I 'll start a new thread after it's on and I get some miles on it. Just putting it out there for anyone else looking to do these mods and wondering if they do have have any drone or AFM sounds while driving.
GMP is made by Borla?

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
GMP is made by Borla?

That's what it says in the description on the GM parts site. "

Upgrade the look and sound of your vehicle’s exhaust system with this Chevrolet Accessories Exhaust Upgrade System. . It allows for maximum performance from Borla’s patented, race-bred technology and engineering. "​

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe Mopar uses borla as well on the SRT exhaust. Before getting the Tahoe I was about to get a Durango RT with the SRT exhaust stock from the factory and found out it is made by Borla. Don’t know to what extent the loudness but I’d imagine it’s either the Touring, S type or Atak. Doubt it’s the Atak though. Point is those Durango have electric cutouts and with a switch of a button man does it go into beast mode. If you turn it off it’s nice and quite like the touring I’d say.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe Mopar uses borla as well on the SRT exhaust. Before getting the Tahoe I was about to get a Durango RT with the SRT exhaust stock from the factory and found out it is made by Borla. Don’t know to what extent the loudness but I’d imagine it’s either the Touring, S type or Atak. Doubt it’s the Atak though. Point is those Durango have electric cutouts and with a switch of a button man does it go into beast mode. If you turn it off it’s nice and quite like the touring I’d say.
That's interesting. I had a Grand Cherokee SRT and put a Borla S-type on it but had no clue the stock exhaust was made by Borla. The S-type opened it up quite a bit so I would imagine an OEM upgrade would be the Touring or even a more mild version if that's even possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne