MBRP Exhaust Installed with Video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Finally got my MBRP exhaust installed on my Z71 Burb. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the rumble inside with kids and such but it turned out to be very subtle.
Check it out and tell me what y’all think. Next up is the LS9 Cam swap and some mote tuning. I already tuned it and turned the PINS on and installed factory style 09 Fans.

Thanks
Cam

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I was torn between buying this exhaust, or getting the BBP Tune first.... I bought the tune yesterday. I'm aiming for the exhaust next month.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might want to rethink the LS9 cam though; unless you or plan on installing a positive displacement root style blower. It will be a dog in the low to mid RPM range

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
stock cam comparison, the ls9 is making less power than stock up to 4500, of the stock cams I think the ls2 would make more sense.

ls9 vs summit stg4, even if that is where you want the power, there are better aftermarket candidates

OP
OP
summithighrise09
Reaction score
OP
OP
summithighrise09
Reaction score
stock cam comparison, the ls9 is making less power than stock up to 4500, of the stock cams I think the ls2 would make more sense.

ls9 vs summit stg4, even if that is where you want the power, there are better aftermarket candidates
Check out my reply

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen them all (videos)

Where the power is made and or gained is what I'm referencing. Unless you're driving around at 4500rpm to redline all day, might want to reconsider that option.

Better off with a Sloppy Stage 2

OP
OP
summithighrise09
Reaction score
I've seen them all (videos)

Where the power is made and or gained is what I'm referencing. Unless you're driving around at 4500rpm to redline all day, might want to reconsider that option.

Better off with a Sloppy Stage 2
Understood, I already bought it because it was only $100; However, I was originally looking at the BTR Low Lift Stage 2 Cam. Which I may still do eventually.
Thanks
Cam

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
For your labor, gaskets, and tuning, I’d hold out for a cam you really want.
The ls9 will need a higher stall converter to be enjoyable, which could make a more expensive cam a less expensive option overall

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTR S2 is good cam. So is the summit racing towing cam. Both are similar. Focus on TQ to 5500.
Its a heavy vehicle....it needs all the TQ it can get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz