Mayflies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go into the dealer and cancel the order and find a different one at another dealer. GM is going to be cleaning up this mess for a while and will have to reclear coat these vehicles....

^^^THiS^^^
No matter how well they “fix” things, you will still have a reworked paint job and you will always be wondering when you will start to see the paint fail. At least I would.

Yup, the work will go to the lowest bidder.

I wish I could. That's the frustrating thing about it... I didn't put a deposit down and just order it, I bought it. As in I have the title in my name already. The dealer assured me it was already on it's way and wouldn't hold it for a deposit, they wanted it sold (end of month trying to hit some quota I'm sure).

Sent an e-mail to the VP of Customer Experience @ GM as well as the Regional Director or sales this afternoon since I hadn't heard anything from the dealer. See if they respond.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could. That's the frustrating thing about it... I didn't put a deposit down and just order it, I bought it. As in I have the title in my name already. The dealer assured me it was already on it's way and wouldn't hold it for a deposit, they wanted it sold (end of month trying to hit some quota I'm sure).

Sent an e-mail to the VP of Customer Experience @ GM as well as the Regional Director or sales this afternoon since I hadn't heard anything from the dealer. See if they respond.
Until you take delivery of that vehicle, how can you have the title?

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Until you take delivery of that vehicle, how can you have the title?

On paper I own it and it just hasn't been delivered. Paid taxes on the purchase. Registered with the DMV. Have plates for it. I'd never heard of actually buying a vehicle before delivery either but asking around it's not that uncommon it seems. Just usually they're actually really on the way, not sitting in a lot getting damaged somewhere with no explanation or communication.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, they can void that sale and get another... push the dealr....take a nasty pill and go in there and become insistent....this is gm's problem....if the dealer stalls get a shyster lawyers name and bandy that about...last resort of course....

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just google “mayflies gm” the bugs landed on over 2,000 new trucks at the holding facilities near the Arlington plant, they died ( normal life cycle ) and pretty much baked into the paint with the 105+ degree weather we had here in Texas.

I left a deposit on a Denali XL that was already built and shipped over a month ago and it still has not been delivered to the dealer. It has been stuck in quality control with a 4300 event code for weeks.

You my friend may be lucky. Have them transfer that deposit to another vehicle....

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, they can void that sale and get another... push the dealr....take a nasty pill and go in there and become insistent....this is gm's problem....if the dealer stalls get a shyster lawyers name and bandy that about...last resort of course....

Yeah. I may have to do that. Thing is I don't know if the dealer is full of shit and just making up excuses or not. the GM 800 number said the vehicle is just waiting on a truck to take it to the dealer and there was nothing about a hold status.

I have 4 emails out to GM higher ups, going to give them today to respond and then they start getting work phone calls tomorrow. If that doesn't get someone who can actually do something to respond then they'll get calls at home in the evening (the internet is a great and terrible thing). And if all else fails then Thursday I'll be in the dealership with my friends mom who happens to also be my lawyer demanding they "buy back" the vehicle and reimburse me for the sales tax and registration fees I already paid the DMV.

Steveo123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You my friend may be lucky. Have them transfer that deposit to another vehicle....
Agreed, but at this point just going to wait and see what it looks like in person. Dealership already agreed to switch trucks if there is a issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24