Mayflies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the Manager of Executive Customer Relations informing me that my Tahoe is on a transport truck and should arrive at my dealer tomorrow. Was told I shouldn't expect to pick it up until Friday as they will need to clean it and get it ready.

Guess we will see what it looks like soon. Seeming more and more like the dealer was just using the mayfly thing as an excuse... hope so anyway.
Sounds to me like the dealer basically got to use your money interest free as I don't think he has to pay for the vehicle until it shows up on his lot.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
then you need to go to dealer tomorrow to see it & sort out condition.... before they start detailing.
& possibly try to hide stuff

X999. I'd set aside the day and be waiting there for the transport to show up!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen what the dealership "detailers" use to clean vehicles?! NEVER let them "detail" it. They pass them, single file, under a canopy like a cattle chute and one or a few unskilled, NFG workers mop 'em down with a bucket of mud from the previous 20 cars they "detailed".

On the other hand, the grit in that bucket water might be quite effective at removing any stuck on bug remains. So, it's either swirls and scratches or bug guts. Your call.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Guess we’re the only chevy dealer that actually details by the sounds.

at my shop (not a car tent @iamdub lol) theres only two of us and we completely go over every inch of the vehicles before we even let the truck driver leave. We have had so many come in with damage in the last couple months is crazy. (Mostly scratches) those get sent to the body shop to get taken care of since gm/truck co pays for it.

we’ve had people waiting up to 6 months for vehicles its nuts. Haven’t heard of the mayfly thing though, possibly due to my location...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Guess we’re the only chevy dealer that actually details by the sounds.

at my shop (not a car tent @iamdub lol) theres only two of us and we completely go over every inch of the vehicles before we even let the truck driver leave. We have had so many come in with damage in the last couple months is crazy. (Mostly scratches) those get sent to the body shop to get taken care of since gm/truck co pays for it.

we’ve had people waiting up to 6 months for vehicles its nuts.
3 bucket wash method with warm filtered water, fresh high end (~ 10 per vehicle) microfiber cloths that are retired after ~20 washes and special waffle weave drying cloths used in conjunction with a drying aid...

And then you do a full exterior detail?

Color me impressed. You are the exception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364