Maybe selling the Denali for an Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is the tranny temp is crazy low. In my Denali after driving a while the tranny temp is usually 180 even in cold weather. In the Colorado it has never gotten that high unless in the dead of summer. I think the fluid isn't getting warm enough to burn off moisture. Reading the TSBs on these tranny issues, they are mostly concentrated in the southern states where high humidity is prevalent

The 2014 K2s and maybe others introduced a thermostat to get the tranmission up to temp quickly. If the thermostat failed open, that could be why the temp is low; if yours has a transmission thermostat.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2014 K2s and maybe others introduced a thermostat to get the tranmission up to temp quickly. If the thermostat failed open, that could be why the temp is low; if yours has a transmission thermostat.
I dunno? When it was in service for the tranny shudder they gave me a brand new 19 Silverado which although had the 5.3 did have the same tranny. It never rose past 120 degrees the whole time I drove it. It’s tranny shudder was worse than mine too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts