Maybe Bose? Just want to replace it -_-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadoow98

Reaction score
03 Tahoe 5.3L 4WD

Hi I would like to replace my stock unit but I am not sure if it is an all-out Boe system. I am a bit new at all of this radio installing but not a total noob. I seen videos and for other cars is just connecting the wires but as I was watching for how to replace a stock unit on a Tahoe it seems way more complicated.

This is my stock head unit as of right now.
20150705_140533_zpskoytbsj1.jpg

With this in the front speakers.
20150705_140541_zpsgjhm7vpd.jpg

And this in the rear center console.
20150705_140632_zpszkad7wtt.jpg

The subwoofer that it has already installed is in the middle under the center console. It has front tweeters and maybe rear back by the trunk door maybe also some tweeters or regular speakers I’m not too sure but they are speakers XD.

SO IS IT A BOSE OR NOT? :/

I don’t have on-star system
Don’t want to keep the center rear controls as I never got to use them or my family
Would like to keep the door chimes and all that if possible.
Would like to keep my stock subwoofer that the Tahoe has working.
Will be adding later on a stronger aftermarket subwoofer (2 10”)

I will be replacing the head unit with a PioneerDEH-x6700BT OR a Kenwood KDC-BT362U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Blu...549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d34c7323d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-KDC...392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9ba0eec8

(What would you guys recommend I like my music as laud as possible and looking for Bluetooth playback as well as Pandora supported)

What other things do I need to make this replacement possible And how to replace it.

BUT what do you guys think of this. Is it possible to get a Line Out Converter and get the cables form the back rear speakers that are next to the trunk door in the pillars to get some RCAs? Is that possible and that might work?????

Reaction score
It appears to be a bose sound system.

I have a PAC interface (dont have the part number handly) that I use to work with my factory sound system.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also used a PAC wiring interface and steering wheel control interface for my Sony HU. It's pretty straightforward installing them. Also you just need a mounting kit for the dash, and maybe antenna adapter. Pockets can usually be found to replace the rear unit. EBay is your friend for that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso

Latest posts