Max trailering package question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffalown

Reaction score
I found an available 22 Tahoe that has everything I wanted on the order I have placed except for the max trailering package. My question is do you guys think it would be worth waiting just for the max trailering? I guess my main concern is not having the extra camera views and hitch guidance which would be really nice. I also should note that the Tahoe I found online is a 6 hour drive from where I live so not sure if I should just sit tight and wait for my order to be accepted and built or drive down this weekend and pick up the available Tahoe minus max trailering.

Sofa6A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My order is delayed because of the MTP constraint. It’s worth it for me for the additional features. And, I’m not in a rush so I can wait.

Reddevil96

Reaction score
your call, but if your not going to be trailing much or at all, then probably not necessary. not sure on a tahoe, but my 21 yukon xl denali still have external trans cooler and engine oil cooler, and I will not be towing, so I am not too concerned, down the road you could swap radiator and cooling fans to the max cooling setup.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's aftermarket solutions for the trailer brake controller, camera views, tire monitoring, etc. but they won't be as integrated/seamless as the OEM design. If trailering is a common thing for you, then I would just wait. There's allocations available for MTP, so it's only a matter of time before your order gets picked up.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found an available 22 Tahoe that has everything I wanted on the order I have placed except for the max trailering package. My question is do you guys think it would be worth waiting just for the max trailering? I guess my main concern is not having the extra camera views and hitch guidance which would be really nice. I also should note that the Tahoe I found online is a 6 hour drive from where I live so not sure if I should just sit tight and wait for my order to be accepted and built or drive down this weekend and pick up the available Tahoe minus max trailering.
Get what you want as long as you're able to wait and don't have to compromise.

OP
OP
Buffalown

Buffalown

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone I think im going to be patient (as hard as that is) and wait for my order to get picked up. My 2007 trailblazer that the Tahoe will be replacing is still going strong so no immediate need to jump on this one for us. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

It also makes the decision easier now that the dealer sent over the price quote which included a $3k “market adjustment” which wasn’t listed on their website. While it’s *only* 3k it just rubs me the wrong way

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone I think im going to be patient (as hard as that is) and wait for my order to get picked up. My 2007 trailblazer that the Tahoe will be replacing is still going strong so no immediate need to jump on this one for us. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

It also makes the decision easier now that the dealer sent over the price quote which included a $3k “market adjustment” which wasn’t listed on their website. While it’s *only* 3k it just rubs me the wrong way
Yeah, that would make me look elsewhere if it was not legit and industry wide.

Sofa6A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If my dealer adds a mark-up to my order, I’m walking away. Toyota Sequoia will be ready by then and no DFM time bomb waiting to go off.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my dealer adds a mark-up to my order, I’m walking away. Toyota Sequoia will be ready by then and no DFM time bomb waiting to go off.
If you think its a DFM time bomb why would you buy it at all? The current outdated Sequoia is selling above list in my area so if the market is still tight when the new one gets here I would imagine it will as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep