Matt's Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this thing is like a rolling stereotype for GMT-900 issues...

Greasing the slip yokes didn't eliminate the driveline clunk, it appears that a bad driver's side motor mount is (at least part of) the problem. I ordered an AC Delco one because the aftermarket ones had such terrible reviews. Waiting on my mechanic to install it. My mechanic also thinks that the front differential mounts are bad, but I can't find any information or parts online. Anyone have any insight?

I replaced the cabin air aspirator which eliminated the annoying buzzing sound above my head. That was more of a pain in the ass than it should've been...

I noticed the cruise control didn't work, so I replaced the brake switch, which fixed the problem. $13 part and 15 minutes of labor... My favorite kind of repair!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint correction looks awesome! Clay bar, Polish, wax?

And go ahead and remove the hatch handle. That really cleans up the rear.

uploadfromtaptalk1458961710614.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint correction looks awesome! Clay bar, Polish, wax?

And go ahead and remove the hatch handle. That really cleans up the rear.

Just clay and serious cutting and buffing. Needs a good wax, but I'll do it when the weather cleans up.

And that's what that little plastic piece is?! It's just held on with adhesive, I assume? I would love to remove it.

Also, got some wheels! They aren't really what I wanted... Not exactly the style I had in mind and 22's, not 24's, but $800 for KMC Skitches, Toyo Proxes ST-IIs, TPMS sensors and wheel locks was a deal I couldn't pass up!

A6202FAA-344D-4055-BB1B-4B7682EEB4D1_zpsd9kron4g.jpg

Last edited:

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's held on with adhesive. Same procedure as the emblems.

And the wheels look good, and for $800, they look even better!

shortbusondubs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck looks good. i'm going to have to see about paint correction on my tahoe as the paint just needs some love. that's a steal on those wheels too.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steal for sure and when you find what you want you should be able to CL them for at least what you paid for them.

Always the quickest exterior enhancement you can make.

Ditch that rear handle for sure. Clean for the NNBS years and pretty useless too.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
nice transformation....wheels did set it off pretty good! maybe a little drop next??? :angels2:

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments fellas!

Steal for sure and when you find what you want you should be able to CL them for at least what you paid for them.

Always the quickest exterior enhancement you can make.

Ditch that rear handle for sure. Clean for the NNBS years and pretty useless too.
My thoughts exactly! They're growing on me though, so I may not be in such a hurry to get rid of them. We'll see how I feel when it's lowered and blacked out.

nice transformation....wheels did set it off pretty good! maybe a little drop next??? :angels2:
I am way ahead of you, sir! Just waiting for some free time and a buddy to help me out...

D42C8601-A349-43DB-A895-BE38A5287F1B_zpsm4hyuyzm.jpg

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming along rather nicely. I always kinda like those kmc wheels. The Dub "dark tint" color definitely gives off a gold/bronze shade when the light hits it right, and when it's put on a gray vehicle the actually tend to look more gray (kinda neat). But most of the time they looks black

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts