Master switch dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Draper927

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have a history with the master switch death? No warning, just lost all function. All other switches work, also my locking function does not work on that door with fob. The drivers door speaker has sound, and with a cheap wire tester, with my very limited electrical knowledge, it appears my switch does have power to it.
I have replaced it, twice just to make sure. I have checked for broken wires in the door jamb, with no obvious breaks. All possible related fuses are intact.
What am I missing?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you check for power across the switch or from power to a known ground. if that switch has lost its ground due to unknown reason it wont show power if you check across the switch. also the door jam wires dont have to be visibly broken to be broken internally. the insulation on wires can be bent around freely as long as they aren't dried out. however the copper will break eventually being bent back and forth enough times as with the door being opened and closed over the years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep