Making my Yukon XL into an Urban Assault Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hotdog.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you think adding an extra inch of cranking on a 3 inch suspension lift would be over cranking? I figured that would just put me at a middle range torsion flex

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think adding an extra inch of cranking on a 3 inch suspension lift would be over cranking? I figured that would just put me at a middle range torsion flex

It depends on the lift. Post a link to the lift you're looking at for an accurate answer.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just buy the 6 inch and be done lol... your talking 2 inch difference over what you want... lol

Those are some serious knuckles on the picture yates posted lol dang...

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy the 6 inch and be done lol... your talking 2 inch difference over what you want... lol

Those are some serious knuckles on the picture yates posted lol dang...

2" makes a big difference in the stance/look I think. I am about to rip my Jeep's suspension completely apart again for 1" difference.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 inch also makes a difference when your out on the trails flexing... I would rather have an extra 2 inches if lift vs rubbing or other clearance issues...

OP
OP
H

hotdog.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats the thing, realistically this is going to be 80% on road MAYBE 20% off-road. I drive on crappy roads a lot, but by no means will this be an offroad machine. Not a mall crawler by any chance but definitely not a rock crawler either. Most true offroad this will probably see consistently is a muddy logging road or two.

WHich is what makes me think a key lift makes the most sense. I could get about 2.5 inches from that and then body lift another inch or so if I didnt think it was high enough.

Again, pavement is going to be 80% of what this thing rides on, I just want it to be a snow beast that has offroad capabilities, even if it is only slightly better than stock offroad ability.

With the key lift I will definitely be getting Bilsteins, and probably stiffer springs.
I basically want to correct any issues I may have while sitting at about 3 INCHES of height.

I really want four, but if I can't get 4 from keys (definitely cant) then I'll do a body lift down the line. Currently just want to get a better stance around 3", stuff some 33's in there, paint it, and call it a day. Hopefully with all that done it will sit 3 inches higher relatively safely/comfortably/durably? Yes?

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being true off road or not you're still going to want a quality lift, you will pay for it one way or the other in the end.

OP
OP
H

hotdog.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts