Making a change on a preorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elise201424

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon Denali in may. My order has been accepted but I am still pending a target production date because my order has the ultimate package and the max tow and rear entertainment.

So now that I am watching the gas prices go up I am really want to change my engine to the Diesel and the light ash interior instead of the black interior.

Has anyone successfully made this change before in the past? Do you think that it would hinder my order? I know that I am next in line at the dealership for allocation, it’s just that the two items are on constraint so I keep getting pushback each week and less I’m willing to drop those packages.

So I figure as long as I’m continuing to wait and it hasn’t been produced yet maybe I can change it. But I don’t want to continue waiting another six months

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves allocation is granted on Thursday and the dealership is granted changes to the pre order up until the following Tuesday too change the order. Keep in mind the changes can hold up that excepted order if a change is under constraint. i would bail on the V8 in a heartbeat for the diesel. GM made no changes to the 5.3 or 6.2 engines from the 2021 models so the same design flaw carries over into the 2022 model year. With a 10% failure rate on bent push rods/lifters that is a easy choice in my book. i am bailing on our 2021 LT Tahoe that has a gifted 75k-6 year plat warranty with 0 deductible because I want something that will stay out of the shop for once.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
If my memory serves allocation is granted on Thursday and the dealership is granted changes to the pre order up until the following Tuesday too change the order. Keep in mind the changes can hold up that excepted order if a change is under constraint. i would bail on the V8 in a heartbeat for the diesel. GM made no changes to the 5.3 or 6.2 engines from the 2021 models so the same design flaw carries over into the 2022 model year. With a 10% failure rate on bent push rods/lifters that is a easy choice in my book. i am bailing on our 2021 LT Tahoe that has a gifted 75k-6 year plat warranty with 0 deductible because I want something that will stay out of the shop for once.
I took your advice and I made the change. They said I have been the only one to completely change out the engine and interior. Ha ha oh well. I hope with a Diesel back in production I get picked up quickly. Or should I say supposedly back in production. It’s really hard to know. Do you know? I see you always have all the information… Any update on when rear enter to and Max tow restraints coming off

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Z71. My sales rep advised that hold any option that could hold up production. Especially something that can be a Dealer Installed. Hate to be held up by something as simple as cargo area liners and flow mats. We did remove the illumination package to reduce the risk of being a production hold or even worse…MP hold. Expecting worst case scenario…end of March…….Tax time anyone.?? Hopefully it will get in this weeks allocation. One thing that does concern me is the…”Certain vehicles produced AFTER 12/6 may lose heated steering wheel.” Sorry even if there is a easy DIA aftermarket kit. I bet it will be way more than the $50 credit that they are handing out with an eye dropper. Problem is I wont know what the “Certain Vehicles” are until possibly too late……my luck I will find out on 12/7 that I am one of the ones.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
I just ordered a Z71. My sales rep advised that hold any option that could hold up production. Especially something that can be a Dealer Installed. Hate to be held up by something as simple as cargo area liners and flow mats. We did remove the illumination package to reduce the risk of being a production hold or even worse…MP hold. Expecting worst case scenario…end of March…….Tax time anyone.?? Hopefully it will get in this weeks allocation. One thing that does concern me is the…”Certain vehicles produced AFTER 12/6 may lose heated steering wheel.” Sorry even if there is a easy DIA aftermarket kit. I bet it will be way more than the $50 credit that they are handing out with an eye dropper. Problem is I wont know what the “Certain Vehicles” are until possibly too late……my luck I will find out on 12/7 that I am one of the ones.
How long ago was your order excepted? Do you have any Items that are currently on constraint that you’re hoping will become available?

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon Denali in may. My order has been accepted but I am still pending a target production date because my order has the ultimate package and the max tow and rear entertainment.

So now that I am watching the gas prices go up I am really want to change my engine to the Diesel and the light ash interior instead of the black interior.

Has anyone successfully made this change before in the past? Do you think that it would hinder my order? I know that I am next in line at the dealership for allocation, it’s just that the two items are on constraint so I keep getting pushback each week and less I’m willing to drop those packages.

So I figure as long as I’m continuing to wait and it hasn’t been produced yet maybe I can change it. But I don’t want to continue waiting another six months
Here in NY Diesel is almost the same price. if not higher.. i think i saw that the other day.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in NY Diesel is almost the same price. if not higher.. i think i saw that the other day.
Except you go 40% further on it. With all the other V8 issues, The Dmax is really the only choice for this vehicle IMHO.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elise…….

Order placed 11/30. I believe the allocation slots would be awarded 12/2 or possibly 12/9…….How many my dealer gets is unknown……sounds like sales and inventory managers are the only ones that know what the number is.

At this point a waiting game now!

SCUCREW08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My only worry with the diesel is if you mainly do short drives... I wanted the diesel... but our daycare is only a mile and a half from our house and I worry that the engine wouldn't warm enough and i'd clog my exhaust so I ended up putting in an order for the V8. Anyone with experience know if this logic holds? I love the idea of better gas mileage... but the vehicle is going to do some frequent short trips and I don't want to pay for extra maintenance in the future.

dougpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My only worry with the diesel is if you mainly do short drives... I wanted the diesel... but our daycare is only a mile and a half from our house and I worry that the engine wouldn't warm enough and i'd clog my exhaust so I ended up putting in an order for the V8. Anyone with experience know if this logic holds? I love the idea of better gas mileage... but the vehicle is going to do some frequent short trips and I don't want to pay for extra maintenance in the future.
I did the same thing for the same reason. Initially ordered a 3.0 for my wife but went back and changed it to a 5.3 because she only drives about 5 miles a day to and from work. With all the emissions on a diesel and her short drive all I could see were trips to the dealer for clogged systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157