Maintenance Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use Excel and made a spreadsheet with many tabs. One of them contains part numbers, factory and aftermarket. Another is a gripe sheet or things to do list. There's a fuel log with many way of looking at the data. There is a general maintenance log and then one more specific for tire rotations and oil changes. I use excel to automatically calculate the "aging" how old things are or were at replacement in miles, time and engine hours for example.

View attachment 360324

View attachment 360325

View attachment 360326

View attachment 360327

View attachment 360328

There are 30 tabs in the Excel file for the Yukon, about half for the Sierra. Just cleaned up the file and made some new tabs that are more automated and provided some examples. This allows me to see at a glance what kind of mileage she's getting, how long parts are lasting, how long until the next oil change, and how much money has been spent in various categories and such.
Wow, this is better than the dealer

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
I built an Excel spreadsheet way back, and just start over with each vehicle.
set up like a ledger, Fuel/Mileage on the left, maintenance on the right.
I just write my tank mileage on receipt when I fill, add it to sheet when I get home. gives me real world MPG and Avg for term of ownership.
I'll add screenshots when I get home.
OK, so mine is NOWHERE as detailed as some of these, but here:
1641960549006.png
1641960591478.png

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to record my trips and fuel as well until I realized that it would make absolutely no difference in my driving habits. The built-in avg MPG readout is enough for me to tell whether my truck needs any maintenance attention due to reduced MPG, but so far no changes noted. I do keep a maintenance spreadsheet however.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to record my trips and fuel as well until I realized that it would make absolutely no difference in my driving habits. The built-in avg MPG readout is enough for me to tell whether my truck needs any maintenance attention due to reduced MPG, but so far no changes noted. I do keep a maintenance spreadsheet however.
Foot to the floor, wallet be damned!

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
Oh, I don't disagree, but if this simple speadsheet works enough to settle the OCD a bit and keep me off of meds or out of the 72 hour calm down room, I'm good...lol
1642009749137.png

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's free online vehicle maintenance software from AMSOIL. You DO NOT have to be a customer to sign up for it. Might not be for everyone but its free and always accessible for any device.

My AMSOILGarage™

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts