Lug nuts fit on Wheel, Wrench wont fit to tighten them..HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuikala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all.
I have a '99 Tahoe 4 door 4x4.
I bought some wheels and tires for the truck because i needed 2 tires for a safety. I got 4 80% tread Goodyear Wranglers 255/70/16 on rims, off of a chevy truck for $250. Good deal. I tried to put them on the truck yesterday, the rims went on no problem, nice offset on them too i didnt notice before, i started the lug nuts on with my fingers. I try to put the lug wrench on them and it wont fit in the whole on the rim. I tried a 22MM socket too but theres just no room to fit.
My question is, do I need some sort of special socket, or a special lug nut to use these rims. I had a Dodge Avenger once that used a thin walled lug nut.
Some help would be great. Ive never ran into this problem before. :sunot:
Thanx

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either or...

either get a thin walled socket that will fit

or get new lug nuts that are thinner and will fit with a regular socket.

da318state

Reaction score
i had the same problem with my denali when I was getting my lift installed, and they had to shave down their wrench to fit it....but you can also just buy a smaller lug nut which was wat I ended up doing, just incase I got a flat in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrb1234