Lucas Lighting new install issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes, I have spyder crap in my Hoe and am heading down to Fl soon, to train for Paris Qualifiers. I need to update my headlamps, just not sure, if I should go with HID bulbs, for now or pick up a whole new headlamp assembly, with HIDs? Ive researched a bunch but not many catch my eye. Seems a retrofit kit would end up being my best choice.
Did you get TRQ lamps and upgrade to HID in your silverado?
the Silverado was a ittle challenging it has OEM HID/projector, the only issue was it is only a paltry 25watts, so I put in the above noted ballast's, a relay harness and 35w hid's which run fine on 50w. That has been probably 4 years ago or more, zero issue's.
I couldn't find 50w hid bulbs for it because it takes a rare size bulb I believe it is a D5a or D5s which nobody carries, found some from china for $35 and they work fine.

The stock housings on the tahoe/yukon work fine with HID, but because they are not projector there is no nice cutt-off line.
there are some threads on the forum detailing a retrofit to projector, you have to bake the housing to get it open and drill out some parts to make the proector fit and yada yada

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I already resourced TRS...So Baking the housing meaning heating up the Butyl...I guess I can heat gun em, right?
Black Friday starts this week at TRS, so Morimoto HID retrofit kit, and grab these ballasts fo rthe high beams?
TIA for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21