Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon_inferno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My single 450 in the stock bucket on -6AN line worked perfect up to 800hp (14psi) or so. I didn't add my second 450 on a hobbs switch till I switched to E85 and now closer to 900-1,000hp. Use a RaceTronix wiring harness to supply the pump with enough power and it will be fine for 8psi. If the OP wants, I have stock LSA injectors that should be good up to 650hp or so but will be stretched on E85 if pushed hard. Do yourself a favor and get 1,000cc right off the bat and pay attention to injector ratings at certain PSI. You want to run 58psi at the rail and make sure the injector is rated for 1,000cc @ 58psi, not 45 psi.

What year is your truck? Mine is an 07 and doesn't have a FPCM so it was very simple... Do yourself a favor and keep it as simple as possible. If you're not running bigger cubes or a ported blower/heads then a single Walbro 450 should be just fine. Very easy to drop in place of the stock pump and very reliable . Pump won't be tunable, you would set the pressure at the rail with a regulator and a return line going back to the tank. Use the factory feed as the return line and drill for a bulkhead fitting as the new feed. Set rail pressure to 55-58 psi and forget about it. 8psi on an LSA is very mild so I wouldn't worry too much.

Yea, I would like to keep it fairly simple. I was looking as of the last few days at a Walbro 450, and the hellcat 525. I will use HPtuners to bypass the FPCM and set the regulator up as you Guys have mentioned. I am feeling more comfortable with the setups than when I initially started looking at these setups. I’m still not positive on what to run as far as AN sizes, line lengths, etc. I had considered doing the twin pump setup on a HOBBS, because I like to be ahead of the game and have plenty rather than cutting it close.. so I’m still not sure which is the best route.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon_inferno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome!

fuel systems....

fore warning - i left the stock flex pump in place didnt touch it, sumped the tank and threw in a magnafuel 750 (close to 1k hp itself) as a secondary pump. i did this so that i could still use remote start, use the stock pump cruising around and not have to hear the big boy all day, if one dies the other can just be turned on to get home, etc. and i also over kill everything

stock flex pump was good for about 400-450hp on e85, 600ish on 93oct i started having long term issues with running stock injectors over 90% duty cycle. best guess i have for stock pump is about 380lph

i believe the stock fpcm has no problem working with a single walbro 450, but iirc they'll do 550-600hp before theyre out on e85. i think at 8psi you'll be very near that area but its always good to have some buffer.

theres the "hellcat" pump out now, walbro 525lph, havent heard of anyone running one on a fpcm. they draw a lot more amps over the 450 and dont flow that much more.

I would AT MINIMUM do a single 450, and just plan on pretty much max'd out. if you want to come out of the gate over prepared a pair of 450s in the tank is a stout fuel pump set up.... likewise a stock flex pump and a 450 should feed over 800hp easily. i think the stock in tank basket will hold two 450s, run the second one off a hobbs switch (pressure switch)

injectors....850cc to me are right on the edge again, which sucks cause after that they get expensive. you have an inverse relationship for pump and injector. injectors flow more at higher psi but pump flows less at higher psi. 850cc will flow 700hp@ 70psi but a single 450 isnt going to get you there \/ thats walbros pump curve for a 450lph

walbro-450-flow.jpg

Thank you for this information! So, the only way to continue using the remote start is to us the FPCM? I live in Indiana and remote start is a nice bonus to have in the winter.
Seems to be a lot of options. I tend to overkill most projects, but this one I would like to keep fairly simple. But a twin pump setup, and running the second off a Hobbs- that would allow me to use the FPCM or no?

OP
OP
Y

Yukon_inferno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, thank you guys for the information and help. I apologize for not getting back on here in a few days, I had two sick little guys and it’s been hectic. I also didn’t get any alerts that I had received responses or I would have been reminded of this thread. But anyhow, thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu